The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I have the very last Lotus Motorsport Shear Panel that was made. I had purchased it for my Cup car build, but it's not something I'm going to need.

The goal of the panel is to increase rear chassis stiffness.

From the Lotus press release...

"Rear chassis stiffness increases by 30%

The Exige Cup 260 now has an evolution of the rear diffuser and structural shear panel based on the version developed for the Exige GT3 race car, which increases the lateral stiffness of the rear subframe by 30% further enhancing its outstanding handling.

The rear diffuser and structural shear panel links the subframe to the main chassis to give greatly increased lateral stiffness to the rear subframe suspension pickup points, resulting in better tyre contact patch control.

This stiffness is also more applicable to those drivers who race or take part in track days using slick tyres that can also be fitted to the Exige Cup 260."

SOLD

The panel does not come with the hardware, which is just some bolts that you can pick up at any hardware store.

Item is located in Missouri, if you're local, and if you have any questions, please PM me.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guys, price drop to $250 shipped to a business.

Apparently this does NOT work with aftermarket oil pans, so it won't work for the hardcore racing guys that have changed them.

This is a fantastic mod for the normal street/track guy though, quite worth the money, easy to install, and extremely rare.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Hey guys, price drop to $250 shipped to a business.

Apparently this does NOT work with aftermarket oil pans, so it won't work for the hardcore racing guys that have changed them.

This is a fantastic mod for the normal street/track guy though, quite worth the money, easy to install, and extremely rare.
Yea, that is nothing like the one Lotus fitted to my 260 FE. Mine is actually part of the undertray that comes off when getting access to the rear of the car. Mine does clear aftermarket pans but you lose the center vent; I only have 2 and not 3. It bolts to the rear subframe with about 8 bolts.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, that is nothing like the one Lotus fitted to my 260 FE. Mine is actually part of the undertray that comes off when getting access to the rear of the car. Mine does clear aftermarket pans but you lose the center vent; I only have 2 and not 3. It bolts to the rear subframe with about 8 bolts.

Later,
Eldon
Thanks for that bit of info bro, for guys doing future searches. I guess they made 2 styles then. This is the kit that was offered after-market by Lotus for their racing program, so it stands to reason it'd be slightly different.

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Any pics of one of these on a car. Or pic of install instructions if there are any.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Any pics of one of these on a car. Or pic of install instructions if there are any.
Don't have any pics, but the part it replaces looks pretty similar so any pic of the bottom of the car without the under tray should show you where it goes. You just remove the under tray then swap this part out with the stock shear panel on the bottom of the car right behind the cabin, should be held on with 4 bolts on each side of the car I think (haven't had my under tray off in a while).

·
2006 Exige
708 Posts
Don't have any pics, but the part it replaces looks pretty similar so any pic of the bottom of the car without the under tray should show you where it goes. You just remove the under tray then swap this part out with the stock shear panel on the bottom of the car right behind the cabin, should be held on with 4 bolts on each side of the car I think (haven't had my under tray off in a while).
This is not a replacement for the stock shear panel.

This is an additional piece that further strengthens the connection from the chassis to subframe. There is also the Inokinetic SubStiffy thing and the Seriously Lotus panel that aim to do the same thing.

·
Registered
240 Posts
This is not a replacement for the stock shear panel.

This is an additional piece that further strengthens the connection from the chassis to subframe. There is also the Inokinetic SubStiffy thing and the Seriously Lotus panel that aim to do the same thing.
Ah, ok, my bad. It looks very similar to the stock shear panel, so I assumed it was a replacement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts