The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I have a very rare piece of Lotus history for sale here.

Some of you might know that what we call the "240R wheel" was originally designed for racing use only, and thus were all of center-lock design. The first road-car the wheel appeared on was the 240R, so that's where the name comes from (the wheel doesn't actually have a name, just a code, which is Y032).

Anyway, the center-locks were made from 2004 to 2006 for just a couple of racing teams, one of which was Team Cadena. This wheel was made for them, but the racing program ended before it was used, so it had been sitting at Rimstock UK in a mis-labeled box since 2006.

I acquired the wheel last year by accident when I was collecting spares to make sets for my last group buy. Being mis-labeled, Rimstock accidentally sent it to one of my vendors, who sent it on to me without checking the box. I was overjoyed to see it, but Rimstock didn't actually want to sell it to me. In the end I was able to persuade them ($$$$$), and the wheel was mine. I did ask about acquiring another 3 to make a full set, but was told that this was the only one they had, and no more would ever be made, so it just became wall art.

This is the ONLY NEW Y032 center-lock wheel left in the world, and certainly a great piece of Lotus history.

The wheel is a standard rear in size, 17 x 8, and finished in high-power silver.

The wheel is located in Missouri.

Price is set at $800 shipped or best offer.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do they make a center lock conversion kit for our cars?
Not that I have ever seen. There are companies that specialize in them though, so I'm sure they could be made, at the cost of about a million dollars :D.

But it wouldn't matter because there are no more center-lock wheels available.

I do know a vendor in the UK that has a couple of rears, but they are destroyed, and he wants a mint for them. And then there would be the problem of finding another one to make 4.

This wheel is wall art bro, nothing more.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What color is the outside barrel? Is it black or silver?
High Power Silver is a tri-coat paint, so the wheel is painted black, then dark metallic grey, and then silver on top of that. On the major wheel face parts the silver covers 100%, but on the edges and barrel the metallic grey shows through.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Do you have a pic of the side barrel without reflections and also a pic of the rear where it attaches to the hub?

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
I may want this but I’m scared I may low ball you. Does it have the same center bore size as our cars?

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I may want this but I’m scared I may low ball you. Does it have the same center bore size as our cars?
Save the low-ball, I'm in no hurry to sell it. Make me a reasonable offer and it's yours.

The center bore on the Y032 wheel was 75, whereas the road car is 56.6. They make a hub-centering ring for it, which I have as well.

I know the wheel can be drilled to fit a standard road car, I've spoken with Lotus about it, and that's what they did to test fit them to the 240R.

It would be a shame to do such a thing, but that's up to the new owner.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts