The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys, the time has come to sell my hand-picked, prized set of High-Power Silver 240R wheels.

This is literally the VERY LAST set I will ever have, as I'm now out of the Lotus parts game, and just selling off the last rare bits I still have.

These wheels are NEW, never been mounted, and flawless, the very best of the best. The rear wheels are actually from the original run of 240R wheels, one even has the original "track only" sticker on it. It's completely road legal, of course, the stickers were just a requirement before Lotus got the JWL certification.

The wheels are forged, and sizes/weights are:
16 x 7 +31 - 13.4 lbs
17 x 8 +38 - 17.9 lbs

The black/chrome center caps go with them.

These wheels will fit any S2 Elise or Exige, and are one of the most desirable wheels for the cars. Super beautiful tri-coat finish, easy to clean, forged, light, and classy. They also fit a wide size range of tires.

Price is $4500 [as money to friends or add the 3%] shipped to a business anywhere in the CONUS.

Wheels are located in the Missouri.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why are you out of the parts game? Are you getting rid of your car?
Not at all bro, Geeley pulled the plug on all the little guys like me, so now it's just the dealers and the few Lotus factory vendors in the UK. Basically it means that all the rare parts I used to get will now be unavailable. If the UK guys get them they will all be private sale, no one over here will even know about them :(. Sucks really bad, I had gotten a lot of rare parts for guys in the last couple of years.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK guys, I have had no less than 6 offers since I posted these, all over $4000 shipped. If you're in, you better get these now because there will be NO MORE. Somebody pay the money and give this rare set a good home!

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also want to explain the "hand-picked" part of this FS ad.

I think I've had 13 sets of silver 240R wheels, and always one new set for myself. Each time I'd get a set in I'd obviously look for any minor finish flaws, which is common, small bits of dirt in the paint, small places where the paint is thinner, or thicker, or whatever. If I found an absolutely perfect wheel I'd swap it into my set. So what you have here is literally a flawless set made from 13 different sets. The paint on each wheel is the best it gets, not too light, not too heavy, the least amount of dirt nibs, and the rarest wheels (2 are from the original 240R run, and one has the red sticker).

This is literally the best set of 240R wheels that I know has ever existed.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well I guess that means the potential GB is forever dead :( sad. Too much $$$ for me but they are definitely my favorite wheel.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I guess that means the potential GB is forever dead :( sad. Too much $$$ for me but they are definitely my favorite wheel.
Yeah, unfortunately new management has put an end to a lot of things that were going on to help the Lotus community. Even the UK dealers are feeling the heat, not being able to get what they used to, and in the case of the old Lotus wheels (and I mean ALL of them), they will never return.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Wow. I told my wife that the spare set I bought a few years ago were a good investment. Mine are also perfect in the boxes with center caps. I'm keeping them just in case I curb one of mine or buy another Lotus (Exige maybe?) in the future.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow. I told my wife that the spare set I bought a few years ago were a good investment. Mine are also perfect in the boxes with center caps. I'm keeping them just in case I curb one of mine or buy another Lotus (Exige maybe?) in the future.
Very good investment. All the Lotus wheels are to be honest, as they will not be made again, but the 240R wheel is by far the most popular OEM wheel, so they will always bring the most money. I paid a premium for these, but I got a new daily so I needed to make my money do a bit of work for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts