The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Details of this Lotus Type 1 watch:
I bought my Lotus Type 1 watch new from Lotus of South Bay in November of 2006, and now you can have this rare and unique Type 1 watch on your wrist for just $395.00 including USPS parcel post shipping within the continental USA. Payment accepted by PayPal. Send me a PM with your PayPal address, and I'll respond with an invoice. It will be shipped within two business days following receipt of payment.

But wait, there's more...

The watch will be delivered in its original packaging that includes a black watch pillow, instruction guide, and design history pamphlet. The watch is in excellent condition, the box and aluminum slide cover are in excellent condition, and the white cardboard protective sleeve is in very good condition. See photos.

I have worn the watch about a dozen times and thoroughly enjoyed it. Though, for the most part it has been a Drawer Queen aside from its periodic out-of-drawer experiences. As its current caretaker, I am neither a watch connoisseur nor a collector but just a regular guy that happens to be a Lotus enthusiast.

Like many Lotuses, the watch has indeed been to the track repeatedly, been well maintained, consistently under used, over protected and safely "garaged" when "parked". Also like many over-protected Lotuses it has never been out in the rain or left in a parking lot, and unlike some other Lotus products it has not been subject to any recalls!

This Type 1's provenance includes attending the Long Beach Grand Prix race in 2006 and 2007, Lotus Challenge Series race at Willow Springs International Raceway in 2009, private screening of "Senna" at Sector 111 in 2010, various track day outings piloting a Lotus Exige on race tracks including ButtonWillow (including lap time in 2007 with Craig Stanton, professional Porsche driver in the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series), Streets of Willow, Big Willow and the Roval at AutoClub Speedway from 2006 through 2011. Its top speed achieved to date was 135 mph on-track, it was involved in two on-track spins that both ended well, and the watch has not experienced any "offs". It is a proper, well sorted and well cared for Lotus through-and-through!

So...why I am selling my Type 1 watch? Not to get philosophical, but for me life is mostly about collecting experiences rather than things, and I tend to return things back to the "wild" once respectfully enjoyed. Now it is time for a new caretaker to enjoy this rare and unique piece of Lotus history.

Type 1 Watch - Background:
The Type 1 Lotus Watch was the first wrist watch to be created circa 2005 by Lotus Design, the in-house group responsible for all Lotus products. The watch has a highly technical, clean, stylish, sporty and elegant appearance. Its unique design includes an orange anodized aluminum crown guard mounted on stainless steel case with a black dial, and its design and construction takes inspiration from the sophisticated engineering of modern Lotus sports cars.

The time piece features a precision quartz movement, a three-dial 1/10th of a second stopwatch timing system that can run up to one hour, and a calendar mechanism. The stainless steel case has an etched logo of Lotus Design on the rear of the case, and the comfortable black strap is made of pliable and tough high-density resin with an adjustable stainless steel buckle.

The Type 1 Lotus Watch was manufactured by Time Products (UK) and made its official public debut at Lotus' stand at the 76th (2006) International Motor Show in Geneva.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
If only I could get a replacement strap for mine... Can't wear it much since the strap is cracking...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,984 Posts
If only it had a mechanical movement :( Quartz just seems to go against Lotus engineering philosophy. :UK:
Really? Look at the electronic odometer and temperature on your dash...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts