The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a skid off track the went rear end first. The nose only suffered slight damage around the seam of the hood and front mask. When I started stripping the nose down I found some previous damage (looked like someone had smashed the nose on a parking curb) that was literally repaired by zip tie-ing the broken pieces together and bonding the crap out of it. I removed all the broken bits with every intent of repairing the claim, but with how long it has taken me to repair the rear claim I bit the bullet and bought a replacement front. Also had the "standard" bridge damage. Located in Central Massachusetts, looking to get $800 obo.
1281920

1281921

1281922

1281923

1281924
20210224_151104.jpg
20210224_151109.jpg
20210224_151117.jpg
20210224_151123.jpg
20210224_151132.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
743 Posts
Deff repairable but what happened to the huge portion cut out of the bottom lip??

Big voids of missing fiberglass make the repair orders of magnitude more difficult. The whole thing can have cracks throughout it and if you can put the pieces together its super easy to repair, when sections are missing, you have to recreate them and then try to make them look right. Much much harder
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deff repairable but what happened to the huge portion cut out of the bottom lip??

Big voids of missing fiberglass make the repair orders of magnitude more difficult. The whole thing can have cracks throughout it and if you can put the pieces together its super easy to repair, when sections are missing, you have to recreate them and then try to make them look right. Much much harder
Yeah I tried to save it but it looks like somewhere before my ownership someone smashed a curb stop pretty hard. I cut out the smallest amount possible. It was literally chicken wire with the bits of fiberglass zip tied to it and then covered in bondo. I was actually impressed that it held together and was shapped appropriately. I was working on a foam mold backing to help shape it which I would include in the sale. But I do understand the difficulty level in making that repair.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top