The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Customer changed mind...

From the seller I purchased this from:
Hi there just seeing if there is any interest in this. I purchased a Forcedfed CAI when the car was new and I initially had some problems with a lean code P0171. Subsequently I did the BB mod which you can search for to see what it is. Essentially I cut the tube to match the distance from the MAS to the throttle body and used the stock rubber hose. This eliminated the code and for 5K miles it never returned. I also added at the same time a plate to smooth airflow over the MAS. Well I have subsiquently supercharged the car and with this intake I was throwing lean codes again so I went back to stock airbox. The heat shields are a nice touch and will fit most other CAI such as the Fujita and maybe more. I know it is modified but the the heat shields can be used. It was like $400 new I would like to get $100. Maybe there will eventually be a solution for it with a supercharger? The K&N is good and the sound was great especially on the 2nd cam. Not sure if it added any power over time but I liked it and miss it. Trying to recover some costs. Attached are pics.

$100

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The filter, heat sheilds, and MAF tube are worth something to somebody, yes?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts