The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
I wish I had another 100 sets......these things are like GOLD now.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Gold won't help you see a truck on your 5:00

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
yeah, i'm trying to get one for my 06 Exige, posted an ad too. they always seem to go super fast....

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
And now that Multivex is out of business, it's supply & demand....the prices are going UP !!

·
A1 Automotive & Smog
893 Posts
DON'T BUY THIS!! IT GIVES YOU HEADACHE every time you see the mirror!

But I'll take it if everyone falls through. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Has anyone found a great(!) way of mounting these? I haven't found a way that suited me yet and I don't like the sharp edges showing. Pictures if anyone has them..

thanks..

·
Registered
913 Posts
Has anyone found a great(!) way of mounting these? I haven't found a way that suited me yet and I don't like the sharp edges showing. Pictures if anyone has them..

thanks..
Not sure if this can apply to the Lotus but for the S2Ks, we pop the old one off & install the new. The process is quite successful with dropping the mirror housing in to boiling water & prying the original mirror off. Then remount with silicone.

See here: How To: Install Convex Mirrors - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

·
Super Moderator
6,817 Posts
There's a how-to here in the main Multivex thread showing one way to replace the existing mirror with these. It's not a direct swap though. I opted for the route of polishing the edges smooth and using silicone to place them over the existing mirrors. The center of the top edge is visible, but it doesn't look out of place being that it's a curved mirror.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Multivex Mirror Removal?

I have a set from years ago that I want to transfer to a different Elise. I used the black epoxy that came with them which was not supposed to be permanent.
Any ideas on removal from the original mirror glass?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
And now that Multivex is out of business, it's supply & demand....the prices are going UP !!
Old thread, but if you guys are still looking for multivex mirrors try xxx. Talk to xxx in their technical dept. They can make dual-radius mirrors. They call them "aspherical" mirrors. The mirrors transition from 55" radius to 9" radius, just like the old multivex. You'll need to get a group buy going. Price for one-off aspherical mirror is around $120, or $95 for five minimum, or $70 for 10 minimum order.

*edit* Please send me private message about contacting manufacturer!

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
That's some good G2!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts