The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many people PM’d me after our last group buy closed about wheels.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/fs-rota-torque-wheel-650-set-lotus-group-buy-58323/

So Anonymous and I decided to organize a 2nd group buy with the vendor. This time we will be offering two different colors; Hyper Silver and Gunmetal. The wheel specs remain the same:

Style: Rota Torque
Colors: Hyper silver or Gunmetal
Fronts: 16x7 +27 Weight: 14.3 lbs
Rears: 17x8 +35 Weight: 18.5 lbs
With 4x100 bolt pattern - hubcentric for a Lotus Elise
PRICE: $650 (includes shipping, center caps and Lotus Logo for Caps)

There will be a total of 10 sets available in Hyper Silver and 10 sets available in Gunmetal. We must sell a minimum of 5 sets of each. This is a group buy for 2 front wheels and 2 rear wheels (sizes listed above) Your order is not guaranteed until you have made a Paypal payment with your $200 deposit. Please PM me (MidasHands) for payment details.

The Lotus center caps will not fit, but these will include Rota center caps and we will provide a decal, included in the price, to go over the Rota logo.

All orders must be in by August 15th at 12pm EST.
DELIVERY TIME: Approximately October 15th. (60 days from order date)

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Caveat emptor
:shrug:

Rotas don't have a spotless reputation, google "broken rota wheels" if you'd like to do some market research first.

I'm not trying to cause issues with this group buy, and I'll remove this post if requested.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a quote from one of the google searches I did. You can always find bad comments about most anything on the internet.

"Rota make wheels for Toyota, Subaru, Tommy Kaira, and many many more OEM manfufactors

All rota wheels are tested to OEM specs which are far more stringent tests than for aftermarket wheels.

Can you tell me, if Rota's break, how the hell do they pass VIA/JIL testing?

I have owned/sold more Rota wheels than you have had hot dinners, litterally, I have sold over 50,000 Rota wheels, not one has broken without being involved in a heavy crash (where any wheel would break).

Comparing a Rota to a Volk wheel, they are similar strength, just the Rota's are heavier, to get the same strength (as they are cast)"

·
Registered
107 Posts
They may make OEM wheels as well, and I am glad you have had no problems.
The price is certainly nice on them, and for that reason I was looking to buy some back a bit, but I've decided to go with Advans..

I was just pointing out that I've heard of problems with rotas that I have not heard of with other manufacturers.

good luck with the GB, I'll leave it alone now :up:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Couple questions if you don't mind. I've been following the first group buy... and was wondering:

1. Have the wheel weights been finalized? There seems to be some discussion regarding the accuracy of the weight.

2. Can Rota drill the extra holes in the 17" rims to match the look of the 16"?

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
They may make OEM wheels as well, and I am glad you have had no problems.
The price is certainly nice on them, and for that reason I was looking to buy some back a bit, but I've decided to go with Advans..

I was just pointing out that I've heard of problems with rotas that I have not heard of with other manufacturers.

good luck with the GB, I'll leave it alone now :up:

:D That is not MidasHands' quote. That's a quote of someone else. He does not sell Rotas!!! LOL :)

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
You are two years too late...

·
hate speed limits
714 Posts
Thanks Chris for bringing me back down to reality; I was thrilled for a moment there. P.S. to the resurrect-er, you suck. P.P.S. Sorry, you don't suck. It's just I feel dumb for not noticing the old dates until I hit the last post :(

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Thanks Chris for bringing me back down to reality; I was thrilled for a moment there. P.S. to the resurrect-er, you suck. P.P.S. Sorry, you don't suck. It's just I feel dumb for not noticing the old dates until I hit the last post :(
No worries :D

You should join the Rota Grid group buy in the wheels forum though. The price seems reasonable for a full set of wheels and they look pretty good. If I didnt already have Slipstreams I may be on the list already...still considering it though!! :panic:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts