·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have for sale a set of brand new Kumho V710's. The sizes I use are:
Front 215-40-16
Rear 245-45-17
asking 600.00 plus shipping.

Also I have a set of used Kumho V710's. They are barely used and actually heat cycled perfectly. They have 5 laps on them and that is it. I do road racing. Size is the same as above. asking 350.00 plus shipping.

Any questions, ask. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
How did your times hold up with these tires? How many track miles do you get with them? Would it be imprudent to drive them to the track even if they are DOTR's?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Do those sizes fit correctly on the LSS wheels? I may be interested in the slightly used set. I know the 215/40 is definitely taller as is the 245/45.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
How did your times hold up with these tires? How many track miles do you get with them? Would it be imprudent to drive them to the track even if they are DOTR's?
Probably not, V710's are autocross specific tires so they are very soft. Most cars get 50-75 runs on a set so a 30 min trip on the highway to the event would probably kill them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tires do fit on the LSS wheels as I have used them on those wheels and the SSR wheels. They are not considered A's or R's as that is how Hoosier markets their tires. These are soft tires for autocross or road racing. You could drive them on the street, not really a good idea as they will take some life off the tire. It would be best if you had them on an extra set of wheels and changed them at the track. They do last a long time as the lotus doesn't weigh enough to use the tire. I have done 3 qualifying sessions and 3 races, which are about 25 laps each on a set of tires and they still have a lot of life left.
I have sold some but I still have some available if interested. New and some with 5 laps, qualifying laps.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still have a used set for sale if anyone is interested. 300.00 or make an offer. Also the new set is available for 500.00 plus shipping or pick up for free. Have a smaller size for the back if someone would like that size better. 225-45-17 or the larger size 245-45-17 for the rear tire, front is 215-40-16 I had no fitment problem with any of the sizes but I don't run the inner plastic wheel liner. Thanks.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Probably not, V710's are autocross specific tires so they are very soft. Most cars get 50-75 runs on a set so a 30 min trip on the highway to the event would probably kill them.
I will have to disagree here. I drove my MR2 (2nd gen) to the autocross 40 minutes each way for 2 seasons and they were fine. They had excellent performance through the entire life of the tire until I finally corded them. Tires don't wear very fast unless you're cornering or braking hard. Going down the freeway seems to be fine :shrug:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts