The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased these with the intention of using them as track wheels for my S260. Unfortunately, I never took the car to the track and it is now sold. These are the real deal Lotus Sport wheels (Front: 16x7 and Rear: 17x8) with R888s installed (OEM sizes: 195 front; 225 rear). The wheels and tires are brand new and have never been installed on the car. Zero miles. Tires are mounted and balanced and the wheels include center caps. The center caps look 100% OEM, but are not OEM - they are a correct fitting cap with a Lotus emblem sticker. Tires were purchased one year ago.

Although the wheels are brand new, the shop that installed the tires put small nicks in the inner (and outside) area of each wheel in 4 places (see picture). This happened when they locked the wheel down to mount the tires. I hate to say "you will probably never notice these marks when the wheels are installed on the car", but the reality is that "you will probably never notice these marks when the wheels are installed on the car" as the marks are near the outside of the inner area of the rim. There are no other imperfections on the wheels. The outside area (that you actually will see when the wheels are installed) is perfect. No tire mounting scratches at all. My price has been adjusted to reflect that the wheels are not perfect.

The wheels are located in The Woodlands, TX (30 miles north of Houston). Local pickup is definitely preferred. Price for local pickup is $2700, which is what I paid for the rims alone. If I have to ship the wheels in the continental US, the price is $3000. Someone may point out that packaging, insuring and shipping the wheels will cost less than $300. I don't doubt that - but if I have to spend my time doing it, I am charging $300. :) Plus, I will overpackage the wheels to ensure they arrive damage free.

This is a perfect set of wheels/tires for track use, especially if you want a strong, light set of wheels that look better than the OEM wheels that came with the car.

PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks. Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Damn, wish I still had my car...always wanted to switch to set of these.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wheels/tires are sold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts