The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*This is Sold, thanks folks*

Unfortunately, I no longer have my Lotus. I am liquidating my extra parts, as well as parts I never had the chance to install (I amassed a lot of projects that never made it onto the car).

I have a new, unused, unopened set of 5.25" Jim Clayton Speaker Adapter Rings for sale (pictures below).

My intention was to replace the stock 2005 Elise speakers I had in the car with JL Audio 5.25" speakers, but I never made it around to installing them. The original shipping box (I paid $40 shipped in May '12) has never been opened.

Here is the original product description:

CNC machined black acrylic. Proper thickness for flush install of 5-1/4" speakers.

Four speaker mounting holes drilled and tapped for included hardware.

Standard 5-1/4" bolt pattern. Fits JL Audio for sure. See ring dimensions below.

Remove original speaker. Remove metal ring imbedded in the dash, yank with needle nose pliers. Enlarge hole (just foam material) to fit new speaker. Test fit speaker for depth clearance.

Bolt your speaker to the ring. Drop ring and speaker into dash with silicon or goop adhesive. Pay attention to bolt orientation, you want clearance to remove the bolts when needed.

These rings make installing 5.25" speakers in your dash SUPER easy, best sound improvement you can make for your Elise/Exige.
Asking: SOLD

I will cover the PayPal fees and shipping to the lower 48 states (coming from Tampa Bay). Depending on payment time, I will aim to turnaround same day and will PM tracking number as soon as I have it. Please message me with any questions, or for my phone number to discuss.

Thanks,
Jason

Additional pictures: (NOT my car):
(Picture credit goes to LotusTalk Forum members)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts