The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

I am selling my Nitron Triple adjustable suspension. I bought these Nitrons used from Yoram. I don't know exactly how many miles are on them. The shock bodies, reservoirs, and original springs are in excellent condition with no dings or chips, which leads me to believe they have very low miles. I put 1-2k miles on the shocks. I used them for about a year for autocrossing. They originally came with 650/900 short springs with tender springs. This leads me to believe that the shocks were previously on a serious track car. The springs were far too stiff, so I bought a set of new 525/650 springs. These were also too stiff for my preference. I bought another set of USED 425/550 springs. These springs are currently on the shocks and came with considerable road rash compared to the other sets of springs. I bought a set of Ohlins from BWR, so I am selling these.

Below is a picture of the shocks with 425/550 springs.
4 x Shocks with all spacers and O-rings
1 x Tool for adjusting ride height
2 x front chassis mounting brackets
7 x rubber mounting spacers for reservoirs (can't find the 8th one; i recommend using the V2 mounts anyway)
2 x hose clamps (you will need 8 clamps if you want to use the rubber mounting spacer; you'll need 4 clamps if you use the V2 mounts)

Note that the high speed and low speed compression requires a screw driver and socket. It does not have the knurled knob like the newer Nitron triples.

The front springs current on the shocks are pretty long. Removing them requires a spring compression tool. Most spring compression tools will NOT work. I scrapped the surface of the thread on one of the shocks using the wrong spring compression tool. The scrape was minor and I've smoothed it out. The perch still smoothly glides over the thread. The perch would never reach this portion of the thread under normal ride height adjustment anyway. The close-ups below show the thread scrapes. You can also see all the dings and scrapes on the older springs I bought.

One of the perches on the rear shock has tools holes that got a little widened. They will still receive a tool and compress the spring, but a little extra care is needed. With high spring rate, I suggest compressing the spring when adjusting ride height.

This is a close up of the 650/900 eibach springs that came with the shocks when I bought them. As you can tell, they are pretty fresh. No chips of dings. The shock bodies and reservoirs didn't have chips of dings either. Leading me to believe that the miles are low on these shocks. 650/900 with short springs using helper springs is very stiff. This is only suitable for serious road racing, IMHO.

These are the second set of springs I bought from S111. 525/650.

Below is the motorcycle spring compression tool. $35 on ebay.

SOLDSOLDSOLD

If you've read or skimmed this far, you probably want the price.
$2400 + shipping (~$75) for Shocks with 425/550 springs and mounting hardware.
You can add any of the following extra:
+$100 525/650 springs
+$150 650/900 springs w/ helper springs
+$20 spring compressor tool

OR

$2500
for everything you see below.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I'm interested in the spring tool and the 650/900 spring set if you wanted to split those out from the mix.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm interested in the spring tool and the 650/900 spring set if you wanted to split those out from the mix.
PM sent. If nobody else wants the whole set with the 650/900 springs, they are yours.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,269 Posts