The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EVERYTHING SOLD!!

Hey guys a buddy of mine had this wheel laying around and asked me to sell it for him.

It's basically brand new, all parts included & airbag of course. I don't know exactly what it's worth but I will look around and try to get a good idea of how much I'd want for it.

EDIT: did a little research -- $350 seems reasonable since it is complete and in immaculate condition. OBO of course!

Also have what looks like 3 center caps for sale.

Don't hesitate to offer up or ask any questions! Text me for much faster and convenient communication --

201 961 4 eight eight 4

on to the pics! (sorry for iphone quality)

center caps?

thanks guys!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
please dont hesitate to offer up though guys! really want to sell this thing asap. local pickup would be awesome. but will ship for the right price!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can get another pic on sunday. they are not the skinny ones though... look similar to this to give you an idea:

so those are tall i suppose yes?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Okay I always get confused on these center caps, but if they fit on an 06 exige please keep one on the side for me. I may order a couple but I really need at least one cap since I'm missing one. Can someone tell me if these are the right ones? On my car they are not the flush ones, and I'm not sure once installed if these are supposed to be the flush ones.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Note: Prospective buyers should be aware this is being run more like an auction, and higher bids can trump a prior verbal agreement. Nothing wrong with that but unlike most other for sale transactions on this forum so just FYI.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
like i said before i dont know much about these parts and how much they are worth... i realized the price you named was rather low compared to the number of offers i received today. we never had a deal set in stone and i never received any payment, so its not like i backed out of something or screwed you over. i now know what they are worth and will let them go for a reasonable price. im sorry if u were under the impression that we had a done deal, even though you said you wanted to see better quality pictures and never sent me payment.

its a done deal when i have received payment. im not being unfair or illogical and im not running an auction. im a very reasonable and honest seller and im not going to try and pull one over on anyone.

again, i am very sorry for whatever inconvenience i may have caused.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Most people here note something as "sold pending funds," or "SPF" once an agreement is reached and honor it. We agreed on a price and you said you would confirm they were in good condition upon which I would send the funds. I didn't need more pictures, just confirmation they were undamaged, which you said you would do Sunday. Its reasonable to wait to send the funds until confirmation the items were in good order. Now with higher offers you backed out. FWIW my offer was higher than the most recent sale of similar items on this forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ive never heard of the whole 'SPF' thing. in my experience on most forums, a deal is not set until payment is received.

·
Terry
2,189 Posts
SPF and first dib don't exist on lotustalk. I had first dibs on some deals in the past and ended up losing them because I was at school and couldn't make the payment till I get home.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Inability to pay in a timely manner is a reasonable cause to move to the next offer, but the seller should advise the buyer of this and if the buyer finds a way to render payment quickly enough, continue to honor the agreement. Sellers in a serious hurry should lay out the payment speed requirement in the posting so people don't waste their time.

Personally however, I'm suspicious of sellers that are in a hurry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys can think whatever you want. I'm an honest guy, not looking to screw anybody out of a deal. I was under no impression that we had a finalized deal and I have always gone by the idea that it is only final when the seller has their money. Until then, they can do whatever they want with their stuff because it is still their stuff. I'm sorry of you don't agree with me.

Oh and everything is sold by the way. Thanks everyone!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts