The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea what to call this thing actually! I was an Elise owner, and was always upset about the fact that something like 30-35% of the oil stays in the coolers and lines when I did an oil change (doesn't it seem like changing ALL the oil would make MUCH more sense than only changing 70% of it?!?).

So I bought this block, which is the collector which connects to the engine oil system to the coolers and I suppose the oil filter as well (I don't remember exactly, as I sold my Elise 4+ years ago). I was going to engineer a simple solution to add and ingress and egress I could open up to allow old oil to flow out of the cooler lines and new oil into them.

But, I never got around to it. So this has been sitting on my shelf for some time. Its used, but in great condition, I believe they are something like $255 new, but I just want to get it to someone who needs it as its a bit of an overkill as a paper weight!

Flat rate shipping is about $7. So I'd take $57 shipped anywhere in the US.

Call / text or PM 323-696-one seven two two

·
Registered
846 Posts
It's called a thermostatic sandwich plate, and it appears to be identical to the one that came on your car from the factory...

Not sure why you would by one of these when you already had one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts