The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently own a nearly complete set of new OEM Lotus security key/tools for the factory wheel locks. My goal is to maintain a complete set of these keys and offer them on a loan basis for Lotus owner's who find they have lost their security key or never received it from the prior owner and need to get the wheels off of their car. The way this loan program will work is fairly simple. I will take a payment/deposit of $50 (the price of a new key) on each security key/tool I loan out. When the security key is returned to me, I will refund $35 ($15 kept to cover my shipping costs and time) but if it is not returned, there will be no refund and the $50 will be spent on a replacement key. If you decide you no longer want your locking wheel lugs and send them along with the key, I will refund the entire $50.

I currently own all the different keys (A - X) available from Lotus except for the #894 or "R" key. I intend to purchase this key soon to complete the set. I also have with this set many duplicates which I will offer at a deeply discounted price of $30 each shipped to any of the lower 48 states. Just PM me with the letter, number, or part number of the key you want to purchase and I will check my set to see if I have an extra. Even if you still have your security key, this would be a good opportunity to pick up a spare.

PM me if you have any questions or if you want to borrow or purchase a key but don't know which one you need.

Dan

Wheel lock keys.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump for a new day

This is very generous of you! :clap:
Once I sorted through all of these keys it was obvious that a loan plan would best serve the Lotus community as a whole rather than just selling off all of them.

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am still having inquiries about these keys so I want to let everyone know I still have them and am still offering them on the loan/purchase program as described in my initial post here.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I currently own a nearly complete set of new OEM Lotus security key/tools for the factory wheel locks. My goal is to maintain a complete set of these keys and offer them on a loan basis for Lotus owner's who find they have lost their security key or never received it from the prior owner and need to get the wheels off of their car. The way this loan program will work is fairly simple. I will take a payment/deposit of $45 (the price of a new key) on each security key/tool I loan out. When the security key is returned to me, I will refund $35 ($10 kept to cover my shipping costs and time) but if it is not returned, there will be no refund and the $45 will be spent on a replacement key. If you decide you no longer want your locking wheel lugs and send them along with the key, I will refund the entire $45.

I currently own all the different keys (A - X) available from Lotus except for the #894 or "R" key. I intend to purchase this key soon to complete the set. I also have with this set many duplicates which I will offer at a deeply discounted price of $25 each shipped to any of the lower 48 states. Just PM me with the letter, number, or part number of the key you want to purchase and I will check my set to see if I have an extra. Even if you still have your security key, this would be a good opportunity to pick up a spare.

PM me if you have any questions or if you want to borrow or purchase a key but don't know which one you need.

Dan

View attachment 158097
Dan:

I admire your spirit of service for the greater group.
But you must now change your avatar to this:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The best way to determine the security key you need is to get under the car and look at the backside of your hubs where the lug bolt ends slightly protrude. If you clean the tip of one of the security lugs you will see a letter stamped into the tip (see photo below). I can cross reference that letter the exact security key you need. Also take a good close up photo of one of your security lug heads and send it to me along with the letter you found so I can compare the pattern to the key to make sure you read the correct letter.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Those photos are perfect. I pulled out a "V" security lug and key and they match the pattern in your photos. I will try contacting you so you don't have to try to send a PM to me. Check your email or possibly your PM inbox for my message.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts