The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: Painted Center Console, Engine Covers, AC Surround,...

Please don't use packing peanuts or shredded paper when you send parts. They have a static charge and stick all over the parts and to me. It was funny for about the first 3 or 4 sets. rotfl Bubble wrap on the parts and crumpled newspaper as a filler is best.

Center-ConsoleBare.jpg

Console Parts 2.jpg

Polar Blue.jpg

Ardent Red Covers.jpg

Colors for Logo and Lettering available are silver, white, yellow, green, and black.

Some have asked about the paint durability on my covers so I did some testing:
I have baked a cover set at 185F for 45 minutes with no paint degradation. The same covers were installed it on my Elise and driven on an 8 hour trip (stopped to eat once and gas multiple times) and measured with an IR gun immediately after stopping in my garage. They measured at only 120F and were barely warm to the touch. Nothing lasts forever but I have seen no degradation after multiple heat cycles.

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
About where are you located? In case someone wants to bring it by, instead of mail it.

·
Registered
740 Posts
View attachment 65771

I will paint this console to match any color. The process I use is the following:
Wet Sand
Adhesion Promoter (2 light coats)
Primer (2 coats)
Base Coat (Urethane) (2-3 coats depending on color / coverage)
Clear Coat (Catalyzed Urethane) (2 coats)

I use Sherwin Williams Paints and use a DeVilbiss GTI Millenium HVLP Gun

I will paint just about anything that can fit in the mail if you have something else in mind. I have a lot more time right now than money which is why I am offering. I can also build custom sub boxes or anything else out of fiberglass that is relatively small, sorry no clams without upgrading the shop. I have also repainted hard tops, including my own.

If interested send a PM and we can discuss if you want to core exchange or not. First reasonable offer accepted. Keep in mind the materials I use will run about $75-$90 depending on the color (I use Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 base coat at about $75/qt and their Ultimate Clear Coat System which I feel is their best system) and I paid $120 for the 2 parts.

I am also thinking of developing a Star Shield kit for painted consoles if I get a few people interested.

Chuck
Hi Chuck

beside the console you're selling in this advertisement, is it also possible that I sent you my current console pieces + AC unit to paint (in Laser Blue)?
And where are you located?

Thx Enrico

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Chuck

beside the console you're selling in this advertisement, is it also possible that I sent you my current console pieces + AC unit to paint (in Laser Blue)?
And where are you located?

Thx Enrico
Sure. Any part that you would like painted I can do. I will send you a pm.

·
Registered
174 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
154 Posts
Can you paint the 3 knobs on the ac too?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you paint the 3 knobs on the ac too?
They come off with an allen key and should be paintable. I of course would use etching primer and scuff them before applying paint. It is very similar to painting aluminum rims which we all know is a pretty common practice.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They come off with an allen key and should be paintable. I of course would use etching primer and scuff them before applying paint. It is very similar to painting aluminum rims which we all know is a pretty common practice.

Chuck
Here are some pictures of a B120 Laser Blue engine cover I just finished. The Logo is in colors that match the wheel caps and the silver is a close match to Hi-Power silver. These pictures do not do it justice. It looks awesome. The flake really pops out on this color. Notice how much reflection there is in this clear and in the flake.

Close up of logo:

Painted Cover B120 Laser Blue - Logo.jpg

Overall Cover:

Painted Cover B120 Laser Blue.jpg

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
thats silver paint for the letters?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like it. I like it all.

smb

·
Registered
948 Posts
How much you're asking for the engine plate cover painted ??? I would like to have the Lotus Performance in Gray color like on the picture and the Logo. Thats it. My car is Solar yellow but I dont want to much yellow color under the hood.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How much you're asking for the engine plate cover painted ??? I would like to have the Lotus Performance in Gray color like on the picture and the Logo. Thats it. My car is Solar yellow but I dont want to much yellow color under the hood.

Thanks
It is actually a silver that closely matches the high-power silver wheels. It has a very fine metallic flake. If that color is good I can do for $35 + shipping. PM me for details.

Chuck

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hi everybody,

The engine covers in post #12 are mine. Chuck painted these, along with my center console and AC console all in Laser Blue. I picked up my car today at the dealership which have re-installed all the components into my Elise again.
I'm very happy with the results: it looks spectacular! Hard to catch it in photo's, this is one of the things you need to see in real life. Color match with the car is great, no flaws in the paint or whatever else can go wrong. Logo on the engine cover is very precisely painted.

The process also went smooth and fast. I was updated by photo's after the paint job.

Based on my experiences, I can recommend Chuck to everyone. Excellent quality and prices: I'm happy.

I would like thank Chuck very much for the work he has done. Again, my compliments.

Enrico

·
Registered
740 Posts
Some pics

Some pics. Hmm, not high on my list of best pics I ever made. I will make some new ones after I get my car back.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 239 Posts