Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD----------FS: RANDY NITRONS NEW IN BOX------------------SOLD
Just arrived after 2 month wait and now I don't really need them
Complete kit
Randy Nitrons from Hoffmans by Chris Randall
Eibach 650lb frontsprings
Eibach 900lb rear springs
Eibach tender springs
Front upper shock mounts, all aluminum spacers ,adjustment tool ,etc.
valved exactly like the winning Hoffmans car
$2050
ABOUT HOFMANN'S DAMPERS

If you want the ultimate track focussed handling for your Lotus then our damper kits have to be the number one choice. Taking the damper technology developed by our immensely talented technical partners at Nitron we have then further tailored the package to work in complete harmony with the Lotus Elise chassis.

Using experience gained from many years racing, and winning, with Lotus Elise’s in series which include British GT, Britcar and LOTRDC, we have arrived at this ultimate specification of damper. This damper, spring and helper spring combination is capable of transforming the cornering capability of your car and has several key advantages over the competition. This ultimate Lotus damper package has been honed and proven in the hugely successful LOTRDC championship where our car, equipped with these dampers, has been utterly dominant.

Through the extensive use of on track testing, data logging and damper rig testing we have arrivedata bespoke valving setup which will carefully control the attitude of your car’s chassis through a corner. As the Lotus Elise chassis has the engine located rearwards and high up in the car it takes quite a unique approach to damper valving to keep control and stability of the car throughout the different phases of a corner.

Most conventional dampers use a ‘rebound/bump’ ratio of about 2/1 whereas we use virtually a 1/1 ratio through the medium to fast damper velocities, a technique which is becoming ever more popular on modern racing cars. Through the slower damper velocities, which the driver can directly ‘feel’, when the car is rolling under cornering load, our damper goes through a carefully scribed force/velocity curve making the car both predictable and confidence inspiring.

What all this means to you is that your car will hold the road unlike it has ever done before, it will give you more information through the steering wheel allowing you to find the limits of cornering ability more easily and, if you race your car, it will help propel you to the front of the grid.

nitrons 001.JPG

·
Registered
853 Posts
PM for you...you really suck... :)

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
edit- deleted: read the post on the spring rates...:eek:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I have been told, everyone that has used them say that they are far superior on any track surface, and on the street. The high speed bump dampening has been so fine tuned for the specific car ,that bumps or curbs do not upset the car.
They have been developed by a pro that wins ,most shocks are never track tuned.

Cool shocks...

But yowza, am I reading those springs right? 900lb rears and 650lb fronts? Those will be best served on a smooth track--- I believe. Yes/no?

Best,

Phil

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
They'll be pretty rough on the street regardless of the valving. Tire selection will be key to a tolerable ride, IMO...

·
Registered
852 Posts
I ordered the Nitron single ajustables with Eibach springs in 525/650 lb/in., and definitely wouldn't go any stiffer for normal street use. I would probably even back off to 425/550 with the Eibach springs if I ordered them again today.

John

·
Registered
243 Posts
FookMe! Those are Randy.
yeah baby!

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
650 & 900! :eek:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a lot more complicated than spring rates.

From the Hoffmans web site....

If you want the ultimate track focussed handling for your Lotus then our damper kits have to be the number one choice. Taking the damper technology developed by our immensely talented technical partners at Nitron we have then further tailored the package to work in complete harmony with the Lotus Elise chassis.

Using experience gained from many years racing, and winning, with Lotus Elise’s in series which include British GT, Britcar and LOTRDC, we have arrived at this ultimate specification of damper. This damper, spring and helper spring combination is capable of transforming the cornering capability of your car and has several key advantages over the competition. This ultimate Lotus damper package has been honed and proven in the hugely successful LOTRDC championship where our car, equipped with these dampers, has been utterly dominant.

Through the extensive use of on track testing, data logging and damper rig testing we have arrivedata bespoke valving setup which will carefully control the attitude of your car’s chassis through a corner. As the Lotus Elise chassis has the engine located rearwards and high up in the car it takes quite a unique approach to damper valving to keep control and stability of the car throughout the different phases of a corner.

Most conventional dampers use a ‘rebound/bump’ ratio of about 2/1 whereas we use virtually a 1/1 ratio through the medium to fast damper velocities, a technique which is becoming ever more popular on modern racing cars. Through the slower damper velocities, which the driver can directly ‘feel’, when the car is rolling under cornering load, our damper goes through a carefully scribed force/velocity curve making the car both predictable and confidence inspiring.

What all this means to you is that your car will hold the road unlike it has ever done before, it will give you more information through the steering wheel allowing you to find the limits of cornering ability more easily and, if you race your car, it will help propel you to the front of the grid.

650 & 900! :eek:

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Frank's been running these for over a month and is very happy with the ride and performance. His first remarks (before dialing in more dampening) were that they were soft!
I should have known when I saw HOFMANN'S mentioned.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Didn't know where else to post this, but does Hoffmanns respond to emails? I've sent them a couple with no response. Are they telephone only?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts