The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: Re-grooved shocks - updated with photos..

These would be the base suspension variety a la Turbophil:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f91/what-do-you-get-lss-lathe-45291/

They had less than 8K miles on them before they were sent to Phil for the re-grooving. I used them for less then 500miles before changing over to a LSS set prior to this auto-x season. I'll update the thread with some photos a little later.

$300 + shipping for all four corners complete with Phil's instructions.

- Allen.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As promised, here are a few photos with descriptions to help you know what you’re looking at..

This photo shows the lot:

The following two photos show the re-grooved portion of the rear/front shock bodies respectively:

This photo is intended to show the difference in perch setting courtesy of the machining work (re-grooving) done by BOE. The top shock is a re-grooved rear and the bottom is a standard rear shock at the stock setting. BOE (Turbophil) added three grooves to the shock body allowing for up to an approx. 16mm lower ride height over the stock (lowest)setting. These are shown at the 12mm setting and you can easily see the groove for the 16mm setting.

Again, the following photo is intended to show the difference in perch setting courtesy of the machining work (re-grooving) done by BOE. The top shock is a re-grooved front and the bottom is a standard front shock at the stock setting. Three grooves were added to the shock body allowing for up to an approx. 16mm lower ride height over the stock (lowest) setting. These are also shown at the 12mm setting and you can easily see the groove for the 16mm setting.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or whatever. I’ll be happy to help in any way I can.

- Allen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts