The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: Rota Torque Wheel $650/set - Lotus Group Buy

:mw:Group Buy is Closed

9/25 Wheels are in and will begin shipping tomorrow to those that have paid. If you have not paid your balance please do so as soon as possible.

A few of us decided to buy these wheels for AutoX use. For a custom order we had to buy 10 sets. Three of them are already spoken for. We have 7 sets available at a group buy price of $650/set (including shipping). They have already been ordered and we expect delivery in early September. A $200 deposit is required to hold your order you pay the balance in about 60 days.

Please PM me for details about reserving your set.

Style: Rota Torque
Color: Flat Black
Fronts: 16x7 +27 Weight: 14.3 lbs
Rears: 17x8 +35 Weight: 18.5 lbs
With 4x100 bolt pattern - hubcentric for a Lotus Elise

CONFIRMED DEPOSIT PAID LIST FROM VENDOR
List Updated: 7/3/08 2pm EST

1. Anonymous
2. MidasHands
3. Barvarian Motorist
4. Long Island
5. Zardozrdr
6. Cory1000
7. Lotus4Fun
8. Jeavis
9. CD4AGE
10. Type 28
11. Nobuynasu
12. dleogml
13. BioDan
14. UglyDuck
15. CrashTestDummy
16. Dietsch Works
17. Baysailor
18. UDlose03
19. EAS
20. V-Raptor
21. ZJChaser
22. Steidly

Not the greatest photoshop job!

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm in. What are the weights on these 2 sizes? Similar to Team Dynamics pro race 1.2?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Width and Offsets are not SCCA superstock legal.
nope, but they are in asp. These are some good cheap wheels for pretty much everything but being class legal in SS. If you're trying to be competitive in scca superstock then they would obviously not work for you. I know with our local club here, NASA, they do not bump your class just for having different wheels. Likewise, theres also track days where it doesn't matter either. I like the ability of running bigger tires than I could with LSS size rims...especially with the slicks I'll be ordering :evil:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be posting up the weights as soon as I get them from the vendor. Sheesh - I should have known I would need this with the Lotus crew :wallbang: - been asked this several times now!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like 7 out of 10 sets now sold. I will keep you updated to make sure everyone follows through with the deposit.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Will the Lotus Centercap fit? Does it have a centercap?

I'm in if they don't weigh a ton...

Oh, and are you a business? Or do we make the check out to an individual/you?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Are these wheel weights correct (F-16.3.lb, R-18.5lb)? They seem very heavy compared to Rota Slipstream which are the same dimensions (F-12.5lb, R-14lb).

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
The slipstream weights are not correct....at least I would bet on them being off. The slipstreams are not a terribly light wheel.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry bout that - good catch. Wheel weights have been updated. The fronts are only 14.3 lbs

BWR has their slipstreams as follows:

16 x 6.5 = 13.5lbs
17 x 7.5 = 17 lbs

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also - I have had LOT's of PM's to order these. Your order is not guaranteed until you have made a paypal payment with your deposit.

I just spoke to the vendor and he told me that as long as the wheels that we have already ordered have not gone into production he will be able to add on extra sets. So if you are interested it looks like we can get more (at least for now).

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The wheels will come with a centercap - the Lotus ones will not fit. However, I am going to have some Lotus stickers made up and you will be able to pop out the plastic cover on the center cap and replace them with a Lotus Logo. I will send these out FREE to each person that is ordering. I want a set for my self and it won't cost much more to have some extra sets made.

·
Registered
143 Posts

I'm in if they don't weigh a ton...

Oh, and are you a business? Or do we make the check out to an individual/you?

- No it will not, but what a lot of guys do it use the rota centercap and then get a decal made to go over the rota logo.

- see weights in first post

- no, but we are working through an importer of the manufacturer to get these made. pm midashands for payment details

Are these wheel weights correct (F-16.3.lb, R-18.5lb)? They seem very heavy compared to Rota Slipstream which are the same dimensions (F-12.5lb, R-14lb).
- the slipstreams weight is off I believe. you also have to remember that these are wider than those wheels as well

The slipstream weights are not correct....at least I would bet on them being off. The slipstreams are not a terribly light wheel.
- I think you're right, Ive had a set and I don't see how that can be right

1 - 20 of 243 Posts