The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As sold by Sector 111 for $240 each or $480/pair plus shipping. These have been used for just one season of DEs. Their condition is excellent- Near perfect with no blemishes to mention. No sun fading what so ever. They have *not* been in any accidents collisions...

You do need a harness bar of some kind to mount them, which is not included.

Asking $350 shipped to the lower 48:cool:

3 *Clever* Marketing Plugs for those straddling the fence:
Marketing plug #1: Use the $150 savings to buy a harness bar!
Marketing plug #2: You save at my expense!
Marketing plug #3: Spend your stimulus check here:D

See pick below:

Please PM or email me with questions.

I know purchasing over the internet can be risky, so charecter references fabricated upon request:D

Best,

Phil

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got offers on singles, but I'd like to move the pair at once...

Also, for whatever it's worth, Blue DOES go with an orange car, regardless of what anyones girl friend says. Isn't there a couple blue and orange 111s on this board. If so, please post a picture for reference... Thanks:D:D

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
423 Posts
PM sent for both

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still for sale:D

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should I IM you to sell you some harnesses-poke-

PS- Thanks for the bump:D:up:

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Character reference......yes, Phil's a character.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello fellow Chiefs fan, are these 4, 5 or 6 point harnesses? What kind of lock on these?? Finally, what kind of attachments do these utilize???

TIA

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Attachments

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are some pics as they are in the car since people have been asking...

I inspected them tonight pretty closely... They appear to be perfect or as new as possible and still not be new. No wear marks that I see, scratches, etc. No dirt or sweat marks...

Here ya go...

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
Can you photoshop some pics of these in a Chrome Orange car?

J/k - good luck with the sale. Free bump...

·
Registered
836 Posts
Phil.
How hard was it to cut out the top of the chairs? And how tall are you, my shoulders are at the top of the seat and I am 5'10".

Looks very nice.

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks.

It's not hard at all... I purchased the grommets from Sector and just followed their instructions. Real cool little mode if you ask me. I use a dremel and a hand ful of cut of wheels. Took about 2 hours to finish. The first hole took the longgest, and then it went pretty quick. I added some gorrilla snot to the grommets to glue the two halves together. I let everything dry overnight. The look is VERY OEM. You simply can't tell the seat didn't come that way...

I'm 5'10" as well and the fit is perfect. I've had several guys over 6 foot in there and the strap angle doesn't look dangerous for them either... I was more worried about their head scraping the pavement in a rollover than the staps compressing their spine-eek-:D

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
773 Posts
I may be interested!

However, I am totally not into the bright colors for harnesses, and truly prefer BLACK. Does anyone know if it is reasonable and possible to dye these (fabric dye or something) black? And would that be worthwile and practical for me to do? I agree the pricing is attractive, as I was otherwise currently in the market instead though, for the BLACK set though instead.

If I can be convinced it would be reasonable, practical and safe to somehow "convert" these to black - I could be "in".

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have no idea about the dye-- that said, the color is much more like the first pic than the later ones. The flash makes the belts seem to glow. the reality is that they're more of just normal blue- kind of a ford blue if you will...

Best,

Phil

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lost and Need a Good Home

Lost Without a Good Home:

Lightly used Racing Harness. Less than a year old and are sure to keep you glued to your seat while racing and god -forbid, an accident:eek:... Fully DOT approved with FIA approval though 2012.

These guys are looking for a good home a lifetime full of track events... PM for details... (or look above in this thread:D)...

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
Straight from Schroth's website:
Schroth Racing Harnesses

Also found at :Schroth PROFI II ASM Race Harness for Lotus Elise and Exige - Sector111

In summary: 4 point (can be expanded to 5/6 point- See below), 3" Belts, street legal, Lap belt mounts to seat, shoulder mounts to harness bar.

Thanks,

Phil
Interesting… I never knew this…
“ASM is an extra fold of material sewn into the inboard shoulder belt that elongates at a different rate than the outboard belt. This allows your upper torso to twist slightly. On the rebound phase, your torso is planted firmly back in the seat rather than allowed to slide under the lap belt.”​
now that I do if they were red I probably would have purchased them from you. I never realized the belt flexes so you don’t submarine.

Why are you selling them?

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
New News: Sale Pending...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts