2006 Storm Titanium Exige
6900 1 owner miles
Purchased 10/17/06
Never tracked or raced
LSD, Starshield, no Touring
CF console, Larini SE and stock exhaust, updated Ipod Alpine
Bought from Austin Autostrada and maintained exclusively by dealer
Car was just serviced and checked out by Lotus of Austin
There is 1 small chip on the front spoiler otherwise it's perfect.
It has original tires which still have maybe a couple of thousand miles left. (Yeah I know, probably a record for A 08s but the car has been babied).

$38,000.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
why so cheap?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always trade in cars instead of selling and don't like the hassle of selling so by pricing it low, it should go quickly. It's a great car but i don't get the chance to drive it much.

·
Registered
127 Posts
PHP:
price of exige just recently went down:

eBay Motors: Lotus : Exige (item 190226497122 end time Jun-07-08 20:01:04 PDT)
:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ebay car is a different car than mine. Mine has no modification done to the seat belts since it has not been a track car.

·
Banned
874 Posts
The ebay car is a different car than mine. Mine has no modification done to the seat belts since it has not been a track car.
i know i was just showing every1 y it is such a great deal:D

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A prospective buyer wants me to email him my vin to check on carfax. I have no problem because the car has never been wrecked but is it ok to give out a vin? The person has 0 posts on ET.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Many cars on ebay and/or craigslist have their vin published so that people can check carfax. But I'm not aware of potential downside to that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm the one that sent you the pm. Sorry if it made you nervous. It looks like a gorgeous car and I'm sure I don't need to carfax it. I guess I'm just nervous after my recent experience. I bought a supercharged 500hp mustang off of ebay and it was not even close to what the owner had claimed once I took delivery. I've only recently discovered these cars and thus have no post.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
You should provide a carfax - it's cheap and it show's good faith and confidence in your car.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would normally try to be polite, but no Sh^$ Batman.
I have a very similar ( read exact copy ) which you have just devalued. Nice work. You obviously do not understand the way trends follow price points.

NA Exige .... lowest offer, swap for a set of Ski's but must have poles. !!-eek-

This is not a cartel, but actions like this do not do the brand, the resale and the market any good whatsoever.
Thanks for playing along.:confused:

:thwack:

Thanks guys! I think it is sold.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I'm not sure why you all are so down on Exige resale. A new car of any brand (except Prius and rare, high-demand exotics) depreciates 20% the second you sign the contract. Then it's 10-15% every year thereafter. Buying a hardly-used 2006 Lotus is a smart way to get into the brand, no doubt. Do the math:

New price $48k +/- (not including discounts)
1st yr depreciated value $38,400
2nd yr depreciated value $35k
3rd yr depreciated value $31.5

This car sold at fair market value and noone should be surprised, epecially for a limited market car like this. Don't buy a car like this if you think you're making a smart financial decision either since the second you get one on the track, the purchase price takes on secondary proportions financially.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts