The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am not 100% sure i want to sell yet but i probably will. I am going to be running SSR's and R comps for track events and don't really see any reason to not keep them on the car all the time.

The wheels and tires are obviously brand new with about 250 miles on them now.

EDIT: NOW ON EBAY....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7926884770

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Off,
Have no idea and really probably couldn't afford what they're worth. You could try ebay this might give you an idea, however I think you'd be better off waiting until more cars are out.
At some point I'd like to get a set and powder coat black.

Chris

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Well..the market is what people are willing to pay. No one is buying extra LTS wheel/tire sets from the dealers as far as I know.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Steve,
If you're talking tires and wheels both for $1k, I'll take em!

Let me know about shipping costs to GA. Easiest way I've found to ship wheels/tires is to cut discs of cardboard to protect the wheels on each side and then use fibre reinforced tape wrapped around the wheel/tire. Probably best to ship either taped individually or in pairs!!
Let me know!!
Chris

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm looks like there's more interest than i thought there would be.

This is what i'm going to do. First of all, i need to make sure i have another set of wheels in the works. I should be picking them up wednesday or thursday but i will know for certain on monday. Then, since i really don't know what a fair price is for them i'm going to put them on ebay. I'll let you guys know when they're up...should be monday afternoon.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Here is what they go for in the UK. Oddly, the Motorsports wheels cost less.

The price is pounds so multiply by 1.8 and and dont use the VAT figure

Edited to say that this is for a set of 4, not just one wheel

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
xxxotic said:
Here is what they go for in the UK. Oddly, the Motorsports wheels cost less.

The price is pounds so multiply by 1.8 and and dont use the VAT figure

Edited to say that this is for a set of 4, not just one wheel
Those are not quite the same :)

It's ok Steve, I was just saying that if Chris didn't want them that I would take them, but I really don't need them so bad as to bid on them.

I was more worried about letting friends drive the car and them getting too close to a curve and as spares, but in the last 5 years I have not had a flat so a set of plugs and a cigarrette lighter pump will do the trick for flats.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Miguel said:
Those are not quite the same :)

It's ok Steve, I was just saying that if Chris didn't want them that I would take them, but I really don't need them so bad as to bid on them.

I was more worried about letting friends drive the car and them getting too close to a curve and as spares, but in the last 5 years I have not had a flat so a set of plugs and a cigarrette lighter pump will do the trick for flats.

Good luck to you.
cool. i'm not even totally sure that i want to sell them yet. i'll post back when i have some more info.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
zvezdah1 said:
OFF,
Have you decided whether or not you're selling your wheels?
Chris
no i haven't totally decided yet. A few people have told me that $1000 is way too low though if i do decide to sell them.

I'll try to make a decision by the end of the weekend for you.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
huggy bear said:
why don't you just stick it on ebay and let the market decide the price? it's fair.
that's my plan if i decide to sell them. $1000 starting bid with no reserve.

-Steve

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI Off,
Ebay's cool with me, that way you'll get the most. I did price the wheels at a dealer and they run $1400 plus minus not including tires.

I'll probably end up just pulling mine and having them painted black tho would be nice to have an extra set so I don't have to leave it on stands.
Chris

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
zvezdah1 said:
HI Off,
Ebay's cool with me, that way you'll get the most. I did price the wheels at a dealer and they run $1400 plus minus not including tires.

I'll probably end up just pulling mine and having them painted black tho would be nice to have an extra set so I don't have to leave it on stands.
Chris
cool. I'm not trying to be greedy here, just want to be fair to both the buyer and myself. Like i said, i don't even know if i'm going to sell them at all yet. I will let you know ASAP and maybe you'll luck out and get them for $1000 in any case.

-Steve

1 - 20 of 40 Posts