The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm looks like there's more interest than i thought there would be.

This is what i'm going to do. First of all, i need to make sure i have another set of wheels in the works. I should be picking them up wednesday or thursday but i will know for certain on monday. Then, since i really don't know what a fair price is for them i'm going to put them on ebay. I'll let you guys know when they're up...should be monday afternoon.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Miguel said:
Those are not quite the same :)

It's ok Steve, I was just saying that if Chris didn't want them that I would take them, but I really don't need them so bad as to bid on them.

I was more worried about letting friends drive the car and them getting too close to a curve and as spares, but in the last 5 years I have not had a flat so a set of plugs and a cigarrette lighter pump will do the trick for flats.

Good luck to you.
cool. i'm not even totally sure that i want to sell them yet. i'll post back when i have some more info.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
zvezdah1 said:
OFF,
Have you decided whether or not you're selling your wheels?
Chris
no i haven't totally decided yet. A few people have told me that $1000 is way too low though if i do decide to sell them.

I'll try to make a decision by the end of the weekend for you.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
huggy bear said:
why don't you just stick it on ebay and let the market decide the price? it's fair.
that's my plan if i decide to sell them. $1000 starting bid with no reserve.

-Steve

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
zvezdah1 said:
HI Off,
Ebay's cool with me, that way you'll get the most. I did price the wheels at a dealer and they run $1400 plus minus not including tires.

I'll probably end up just pulling mine and having them painted black tho would be nice to have an extra set so I don't have to leave it on stands.
Chris
cool. I'm not trying to be greedy here, just want to be fair to both the buyer and myself. Like i said, i don't even know if i'm going to sell them at all yet. I will let you know ASAP and maybe you'll luck out and get them for $1000 in any case.

-Steve

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Miguel said:
You should keep them, even if they cost $1400 at the dealer without the tires and with tires probably the cost will be over $2K

But the cost of SSR Competition wheels with A048 tires are a bit under $2,000. So the cost and the value differ in this case.
i agree. that's why i think 1400 is fair.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

Guys i'm making my decision to sell or keep these things today. If you're interested let me know. I already have a couple people interested at 1000 (you're first Chris).

-Steve

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
ok i've decided 1200 is my number.

If anyone wants them for that let me know, otherwise i am going to keep them.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
sold for 1200 to Ground Loop pending completion...

Looks like we've just set the market for these things.

Thanks guys,
Steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts