The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
oooooooh, chris, i was almost bad and upped your bid here in the last minute. but i didn't :D

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Looks like maybe (for now) $1000 is the correct price?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
You should keep them, even if they cost $1400 at the dealer without the tires and with tires probably the cost will be over $2K

But the cost of SSR Competition wheels with A048 tires are a bit under $2,000. So the cost and the value differ in this case.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Miguel said:
You should keep them, even if they cost $1400 at the dealer without the tires and with tires probably the cost will be over $2K

But the cost of SSR Competition wheels with A048 tires are a bit under $2,000. So the cost and the value differ in this case.
i agree. that's why i think 1400 is fair.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Steve,
Don't blame you a bit for holding on to the wheels. For me, I just decided I might as well just bite the bullet and pull my wheels and get them painted or perhaps buy a set of ssrs. As once my wheels are painted don't expect them to ever be off the car so don't really need the second set.
Chris

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
offroadr35 said:
not very helpful in reserve price auctions though.
True if it does not hit reserve. Still helpful if it does.

I sell a lot on eBay and would rather nobody ever sniped, because early bids only drive up the price. As a buyer, I always snipe.

As a seller, I get a lot of bidders that were sniped and email me "hey, I would have paid more but that jerk bid with 10 seconds to go!."

Doesn't make sense, but often the mentality of the bidder is to bid close to the minimum bid and wait to see if they are outbid. Better to just bid your max and walk away... or snipe your max. Sniping gives you the best chance at paying the least.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Steve-would you sell them piecemeal? I'd pay $450 for a rear wheel/tire. I'd be good to have a spare, and I could take my cosmetically-damaged one off!

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
offroadr35 said:
sorry, i have no idea what i'd then do with 3 wheels.
I believe there is another on here needing 1 wheel. Im sure you could eventually get rid of the others at a much better price then you have been offered for all of thm.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
If you still have this in Feb, I'll be interested at 1200. I spent all my extra cash for the next three months on

1) new exhaust
2) springs
3) SSRs
4) AO48s

I can only push it so far with my wife ;)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Feb, hah! Mine mine mine.. :) I'll take 'em.

Actually $1100 was going to be my eBay proxy bid, so this isn't that much of a stretch. Fair enough.

Since I don't plan on upgrading wheels, this looks like good insurance for repairing a flat or curb crack.. which should just about guarantee that neither ever happens!

Now I do have to explain why I'm buying four wheels for a car that I don't have and can't even point to on a map or calendar..

21 - 40 of 40 Posts