The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Incredible 1991 Mazda Miata

Only 44,377 miles (with preferred long-nose crank and LSD)

Only $8,500

Performance Upgrades

*Jackson Racing Supercharger (6 PSI boost), installed 2000 miles ago.
*Bipes ACU programmable timing system
*Walbro 190 lph HP fuel pump
*JR rising rate fuel pressure regulator
*TDR adjustable pulley tensioner
*Custom powder coated crossover tube
*Custom silicone couplers with stainless clamps
*Custom K&N air filter
*Boost and A/F gauges mounted on custom A-pillar
*Iridium high performance plugs
*New water pump and timing belt installed

*Adrenaline street performance upgraded brakes with S.S. lines
*Enkie RS-6 16” wheels
*New Goodyear Eagle F1 205/45/16 performance tires

Appearance Upgrades

*BSP low-profile headlights and custom turn signals
*WingsWest custom front airdam
*Custom rear lip spoiler
*Racing Beat double hoop style bar
*Polished aluminum fuel lid
*Show quality hand polished aluminum valve cover, SC outlet, and intake manifold
*Optional matching white hard top

Audio Upgrades

*Kenwood receiver/CD head unit
*Rockford Fosgate door speakers and upgraded headrest speakers.
*Accoustic Labs XC2050 Amp
Additional Upgrades

*Optima Yellow Top battery
*Miata shop manual
*Extra set of OEM Mazda alloy wheels and mounted tires
*All previously removed OEM parts
*Detailed maintenance records and parts receipts

As anyone can see, this is truly an exceptional sports car. It began with a classic Mazda design. Light weight, front-engine, rear drive, 4 wheel wishbone construction, with all disc brakes. Perfectly balanced and nimble, the Miata is able to corner with many of the elite cars in the world. Mazda took the concept of a lightweight roadster, perfected it, and made it ultra-reliable. Many of these little cars are still running great after over 200,000 miles!

I purchased this car from one of my best friends (its second owner) in 1999, and soon it became an obsession. It has always been garaged, and never driven in snow. As I added upgrades I cleaned and polished almost everything, making it totally unique.

The upgrades go well beyond skin deep. This Miata has a Jackson Racing Supercharger giving it 6 PSI of boost. The power set-up has all the extras you could expect, and the result is a nice surge of power whenever you call for it. Custom wheels with high performance tires and brakes finish out the performance package.

Finally, I have hand polished all the aluminum parts in the engine bay and finished out the compartment to near show quality. It looks just as good with the hood up as when it is rolling down the highway.

So, the obvious question, “Why are you selling?”. Well, I just realized a dream and bought a beautiful Lotus Elise. It is a very difficult decision to part with something that had brought such fun, and represents so much time and effort. Nevertheless, I am pricing this car to sell. I have itemized receipts to prove that I have invested over $6000 in upgrades alone, yet I have priced the car only slightly higher than an “average” Miata with low miles and excellent condition. The person who buys this one will have a one-of-a-kind roadster at a true bargain price.

For serious inquires please P.M. me or email [email protected]. More pictures available.
(Located in Wisconsin)

Todd

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, GR. Gorgeous NA. Your car will bring tears to any Miata fan.
Hope it goes to a good home.

- Jim '90 Miata Vancouver BC

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, GR. Gorgeous NA. Your car will bring tears to any Miata fan.
Hope it goes to a good home.

- Jim '90 Miata Vancouver BC
Thanks Jim. I just don't know where else a person can this much fun and cool-factor for this kind of money. The Miata is a great platform, and the Lotus is one of the few cars that can offer even more thrills, albeit for a considerably higher price.

regards, Todd

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
very nice....

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've never had it on a dyno so I can't say for sure. The SC increase is clearly noticeable over stock though, and the boost gauge shows a true 6 PSI without pulley upgrades. The car probably got about 110 hp stock, and I would guess it is putting out about 140 or so now.

The car is really tight handling, no slop or sway, well balanced, and very responsive.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$8500 is asking price...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts