The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With just over a year under my control I have decided to sell my Elise. Since I purchased the car I have put 11,000 miles on it for a total of 20,5XX as of this writing. Garaged for the winter.

*Touring Pack
*Starshield
*Leather Center Console
*Kitana Supercharger without intercooler
*Quicksilver - London Stainless Steel Exhaust
*Moroso Oil Pan
*Mesh side intakes and engine cover
*Oil Pressure and Oil Temperature Gauges
*Sector111 Bootie
*Sector111 Aluminum Carpet Buttons
*Heel-Toe brake pad extension
*Shower Cap
*BLP-1 Brake Light Pulser
*Hella Horn
*Indoor Fabric Cover
*Optima Red-Top Battery

Included but Not Installed
*Braille Battery Mount
*Mesh Inserts for the front clam
*Factory Exhaust
*Factory Center Console
*Battery Tender

Oil was changed every 4k miles or less with Mobile 5w-40 TurboDiesel oil. Coolant was flushed at the dealer in July. The stock battery died and I opted to replace it with another big battery so I wouldn't have to worry about it draining while parked. The Central Door Locking Relay died and needed to be replaced. Finally I have a replacement diffuser because there is a 3" gash in the original. That is everything that was done to the car under my ownership, and the first owner included documentation for all of his service as well. Car passed inspection 2 weeks ago. Were I not selling the car I would put new brakes on it as well as replace the Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires with StarSpecs. The DWS have plenty of treadlife left in them however their performance is unsurprisingly poor. But hey, they don't glassify if left below freezing temperatures like the factory tires!

The car has a scuffed chin and scratches between the passenger side door and front wheel. There is some curb rash on the rear passenger side wheel. Additionally the roof insulation is separating on the driver's side. I'm tempted to just pull it all the way out. The windshield washer fluid doesn't work however I've never needed to use it. It has been driven in the rain probably 5 times and it never leaked. A/C works.

THE CAR HAS A $16,000 LIEN ON IT through Digital Credit Union (less than 1 mi. from my home). I will do everything in my power to accommodate the buyer however Massachusetts holds the title and it will take at least a week to get it.

The car has been a dream to drive but it just doesn't fit my lifestyle.

These pictures were taken a month ago. This weekend I will add detail photos after I get a chance to wash it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More photos from today.

Now for the gore:

All the flaws in one shot:

I might as well sell it for scrap.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New Lower Price

Unfortunately the first accepted offer collapsed due to buyer financing troubles.
New Asking Price: $27,500. I'd like to sell before the first snow and we got 16" last Halloween so time is running out!

(Thankfully it doesn't usually snow here in October. Last year we lost 2 of the 4 trees around my house because of it!)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Time running out

Unless a buyer wants to commit in the next week or so I'm going to pull it off the market until spring. Frost in the morning and the short daylight hours mean the car is staying in the garage now. Also the winter beater needs a new catalytic converter before its rejection sticker runs out :wallbang:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Northern Worcester, forecasted 1-2" of snow tomorrow:eek:

I hope all of the salt trucks are too busy collecting leaves to cover the roads.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sorry for not responding to some of you promptly but the car is sold to a proud new owner in Minnesota!

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I'm sorry for not responding to some of you promptly but the car is sold to a proud new owner in Minnesota!
Yes. That gentleman came over to my shop to made sure he fit in an Elise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts