The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am selling 2 sets of Team Dynamics PRO RACE 1.2 Wheels in 15/16 combos that I ran on my 2-11.
The ONLY reason I am selling is because the race series switched to a new tire with limited stock in these sizes.
These wheels are very lightweight, strong and you can not beat the price!

BOTH sets have only a few uses on them across the last few races of 2011, and one set is NEARLY NEW in excellent condition which I can not find a scratch. The 2nd set is NEARLY new as well on 3 wheels, but I obtained a few chips on one of the front wheels when I dropped it off track. All wheels are dent free and perfectly straight.
The wheel with chips can be made to look as new as well as the damage is only cosmetic.

I paid about $750/ set new last summer, here is what I am asking:

for the like new set: $600 + Shipping
for the more used set: $400 + shipping

thanks
Robb

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more pictures of wheels

more pictures

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
label pics

here are more details on the wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
879 Posts
Can you post a few pics of them ON the car? I haven't seen these in the 15/16 combo.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I'll take the more used set

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Bit confused as to the square setup of these wheels. Anyone know what are the pro/cons of a square setup on Lotus

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bit confused as to the square setup of these wheels. Anyone know what are the pro/cons of a square setup on Lotus[/

Staggered setups are only really intended to allow a high horsepower car that needs a 305 or so tire for example to run a narrow 255 in front for better steering response or response and save weight were not needed on the front. Another typical reason for stagger is big lips.

Neither apply here as lotuses have a narrow rear tire acceptance anyhow and no real power to speak of. If you wanted a 245 or higher tire you would want more rear rim... A lot more. But you can't fit that on a lotus and can't power it anyway!

I have run 240's with great success setting many lap records and race wins on this setup. A 230 or 235 is perfect on these.
Stock lotus sizes are what they are meant for. You don't need much more tire anyhow.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I like to run square setups on RWD; more surface area for braking, acceleration & front grip which helps rotate the rear end more (some might not like this). You can tune out the added front tire in general with sway bar, stiffer springs, slower rebound up front relative to rear suspension settings. Works to help front grip/reduce push at high speed sweepers as well when you have loads of rear DF due to wing upgrades without the proper front aero to balance (probably even more so with our mid-engine layout vs traditional FR).

I find square setups to be faster than staggered with good feedback to throttle steering. All IMHO of course.

Nice wheels, GLWS!

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
both sets sold

1 - 12 of 12 Posts