The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale: Lotus OEM "Track Pack" Coil Over Adjustable Bilstein shocks

Great upgrade for street or track use - the suspension was removed from my 2007 Lotus Exige S @ 3,500 miles as I've upgraded to the Ohlins 46mm

Price now reduced to $1,000 shipped within USA by Fedex or UPS Ground >>>>> NOW SOLD :D

Please PM me if interested

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jason

Bump is nice, but a sale would be nicer still :D, so price reduced to $1,000 PM if interested :wave:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the interest :)

Sale is now pending to Cory1000

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correction, Cory100 backed out of the deal, so the shocks are now available again.

Those who expressed interest please PM me if you are still interested. Note, that after being jacked around with "yes, I'll buy them" not really meaning that :mad: these will simply go to the first person to pay me! I think this can be done via Paypal etc. easily enough ..........

·
Registered
853 Posts
PM for you. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
How do they compare with other suspensions?

How do you mount the reservoir on an Elise?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone who PM'ed me with their interest - the shocks are now SOLD - thanks Michael, I hope you enjoy them :up:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello-

I am looking for first hand feedback on the 46MM Ohlins.
Specifically I hope to gleen some subjective feedback regarding ride, handling and tunability of the 46MM shocks/springs.

Did you acquire your Ohlins from Plans motorsports in the U.K.?

I am currently running the Lotus Track Pack Bilsteins...not all that impressed.
Even less impressed after driving several ohlins & nitron equipped cars.

Greatly appreciate your thoughts.

THX

Alan

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Hello-

I am looking for first hand feedback on the 46MM Ohlins.
Specifically I hope to gleen some subjective feedback regarding ride, handling and tunability of the 46MM shocks/springs.

Did you acquire your Ohlins from Plans motorsports in the U.K.?

I am currently running the Lotus Track Pack Bilsteins...not all that impressed.
Even less impressed after driving several ohlins & nitron equipped cars.

Greatly appreciate your thoughts.

THX

Alan
For serious racing, I would compare aftermarket coilovers to the Lotus Cup Car coilovers, which have much higher rate springs.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ohlins 46mm Feedback

Alan

First, YMMV etc. since I haven't conducted (who has?) back to back tests of Ohlins 46mm vs. 36mm vs. the various Nitrons. I just accepted the recommendation of Plans Motorsport (who stock all of the above) as the 46mm being by far the best. Mine were supplied (after some discussion) with 475lb/600lb springs - the car sees a lot of track use.

I have been very pleased - the track performance is worlds away from the former Lotus Track Pack option, in ride quality and also in range of adjustability - and obviously that is now dual range instead of single. And the spring rates with the shocks ensure the car now stays much flatter anhd transitions far faster than it used to.

In terms of adjusting and tweaking for track use, I've been pleasantly surprised (I was a bit worried I would get hopelessly muddled :panic:) at the ease of identifying and then being able to tweak by 1,2,3 clicks to address an issue: front compression and rear rebound changes seem easiest to understand and easy to use to independently to improve the performance (example: braking-corner transition and handling corner-entry to mid-corner bumps and power application) although I'm struggling a bit to understand how front rebound and rear compression affect things. And overall stiffening / softening up the shocks for smooth / bumpier track seems to work very well.

On the street I also noticed a very obvious improvement in damping quality - but the ride stiffness is dictated by the much stiffer springs. Although the shocks are set much softer for the street: the limiting factor in terms of comfort is definitely the spring rate.

Hope that helps :)

Chris

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Web site for plans motorsport?

Do they give you recommendations as far as shocks settings?

I'm looking for a new suspension. But I wonder if I'm gonna get lost with double adjustables. This is why I highly consider the Nitron Sport Pro. High spring rate, single adjustable. Easy to set up.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Plans Motorsport are at .......... Plans Motorsport. You could mention me as Chris in Detroit if you call they'll probably remember and I can always use the goodwill ;)

Plans do give recommendations but I think the recommendations are given with an eye toward light track or fast road use which I guess would translate to canyon carving for those lucky guys in CA. For smooth tracks e.g. Mid Ohio I found the recommendations a bit on the soft side. But the experimenting is part of the fun. I don't have my specific track settings with me right now - if you ever get them, just PM me and I'd be happy to share.

Other resources, if you take the plunge: Miata Racing Setup Guide or Thorney Motorsport Guide - BMW Oriented

And there is a really useful book: Carroll Smith's Engineer In Your Pocket which I think is summarised at Performance Forums although the best bit about the book is it is indexed two ways - look up by cause, or look up by effect.

Good luck!

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
can anyone tell me what the length of the front and rear springs are? Also, what's the diameter of each? I want to get shorter, stiffer springs from Eibach.

thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts