The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Guys please read my sale description carefully. Fronts are 15”. Rears are 17”.

I had a member bought them then I had to refund because he thought the fronts were 16”.

If you are looking for one of the lightest wheel configurations for the track then look no further. The fronts are only 9 lbs each. And the rears are 14 lbs each. They don’t come much lighter than that. And they’re forged from a well known company.

They’re still available guys.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Guys please read my sale description carefully. Fronts are 15”. Rears are 17”.

I had a member bought them then I had to refund because he thought the fronts were 16”.

If you are looking for one of the lightest wheel configurations for the track then look no further. The fronts are only 9 lbs each. And the rears are 14 lbs each. They don’t come much lighter than that. And they’re forged from a well known company.

They’re still available guys.
The advantage to the 15" front is that you can run the car lower without running into bump steer issues with the stock steering rack. I have a set of these in 15/16 and they are incredible. They are so light that the car actually accelerates better and stops better. Just think of big flywheels on your car with the stock wheels. They look cool, sure, but there is a real performance gain from taking this unsprung weight off the car.

Remember that rotational inertia is 4.4 pounds per one pound of grounded (sprung) inertia. So, if these wheels cut, conservatively 15 pounds off, then the effect on the car as far as acceleration will be like removing 66 pounds or in a normally aspirated car, adding 6.6 HP to a 190HP engine.

SOMEBODY BUY THESE WHEELS!! You won't regret it.

:wink2::up:

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The advantage to the 15" front is that you can run the car lower without running into bump steer issues with the stock steering rack. I have a set of these in 15/16 and they are incredible. They are so light that the car actually accelerates better and stops better. Just think of big flywheels on your car with the stock wheels. They look cool, sure, but there is a real performance gain from taking this unsprung weight off the car.

Remember that rotational inertia is 4.4 pounds per one pound of grounded (sprung) inertia. So, if these wheels cut, conservatively 15 pounds off, then the effect on the car as far as acceleration will be like removing 66 pounds or in a normally aspirated car, adding 6.6 HP to a 190HP engine.

SOMEBODY BUY THESE WHEELS!! You won't regret it.

:wink2::up:
Thanks mate! Seriously though, someone buy these.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If they would fit with the cup/AP racing 308mm front brake kit, I would have taken them off your hands but from my research they need a 16"+ wheel to clear the caliper.
That being said, I havent installed the AP BBK yet so shoot me a PM and let me know bottom dollar shipped to 64156 and I could be swayed to hold off installing the BBK for a year or so haha

·
Registered
76 Posts
Those pictures above are the 15/17? The fronts do not look like they're much smaller, either that or its an incredible optical illusion. They sure do look fantastic! Mmm....

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
. How easy is it to tell the color difference?
It’s kind of like after a couple of driving sessions where the front wheels are slightly darker than the rears due to more brake dust. That’s the best analogy that I can think of.

·
Acme Super Moderator The Enforcer
6,629 Posts
Sorry OP. I've removed the pictures that weren't of your wheels that were confusing potential buyers.

This is a for sale ad. Unless you're considering buying the OP's wheels, please move along. Please don't distract others that are interested in these wheels. Thanks.

San

21 - 39 of 39 Posts