1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Weapon R cold air intake $200 or best offer- on car for approx. 5,000 miles

From the Sticker City website

Price– $350

The Secret Weapon Intake was designed, to increase air intake volume to the engine. The concept is to create two different air velocity profiles, one traveling at higher speeds than the other. This technology increases air volume and speed to the engine, which naturally feeds the engine 3x more air than the conventional air intake system. The intake pipe is bent out of high quality 6061 Aluminum on our Automated CNC mendrel bender. Polished to a high show quality finish. The SW1 Air filter features a tuned velocity stack to increase velocity and decrease turbulence. Only Comes In Polished. 1 Million Mile Limited Warranty Open pore high density re-usable foam

- Will not turn on check engine light like other intakes on the market.

- Total kit Weights 4.5 LB

- 3% Power increase

- Gives the motor a deep throaty sound

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm actually posting this for MDWeaver. We just installed the cup car box in his Elise to go with his Lotus Sport ECU.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Look I really don't want to sound stupid but does a cold air intake really make any differance other than sound ?

I did a search and got totally confused by some of the postings on this subject, nothing wrong with sound but does it increase performance ????

Todd :)

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Torro,
No worries. Some say you get better throttle response with a better intake. The issue with the Lotus is the ECU. Does it relearn and then negate any gains from the CAI?

Most will say the butt dyno says it's faster. The sound is fantastic. The filter is better than the OEM paper filter. And to me makes the driving experience better, just as a better exhaust system does.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's been awhile, but the hardest part is putting on the heat shield. That was a bit tricky. Other than that it's just remembering where all the hoses reconnect and making sure you protect the MAF. That part is expensive to replace.

I'm afraid I am not setup for paypal. Most of the local owners know me or MDWeaver and will vouch for us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts