1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
has anyone used these? how is the fit on them? I am going to use them on my CO elise.

any info or pics would be appreciated.

I am looking at the FTP scoops with FTP mounting kit or there is another set on here for sale that has an NCI mounting kit and goes for a little more $.

FTP Lotus Exige Glossy Carbon Fiber Side Scoops :: Exterior Body Panels :: Interior/Exterior :: Lotus Elise & Exige :: Fast Toys Performance
Just ordered the mounting kit. They are out of the factory looking washers though. Someone is selling an NCI kit with scoops in the fs section.

Or you can go on eBay and get that JP Carbon scoop set for $149. I ended up buying scoops from a member that was selling black painted scoops with mesh. If you get the FTP kit, I'll send you the link for the countersunk washers.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I have them on my car. I installed Darrin's and the mounting kit was terrible. It was strange because I have the same mounting kit and it was great. Unfortunately, with the dragon, I had to shave the mounts to get them to fit properly. Not a big deal... but it was just annoying.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I have them on my car. I installed Darrin's and the mounting kit was terrible. It was strange because I have the same mounting kit and it was great. Unfortunately, with the dragon, I had to shave the mounts to get them to fit properly. Not a big deal... but it was just annoying.
So, yours went smoothly with this kit, but you had to shave some down on someone else's? That would be disappointing.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
So, yours went smoothly with this kit, but you had to shave some down on someone else's? That would be disappointing.
I forgot about that, His is a 2005, mine is a 2006 but that shouldn't make a difference but I guess I am wrong

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I forgot about that, His is a 2005, mine is a 2006 but that shouldn't make a difference but I guess I am wrong
It wouldn't be a different clam. They should be identical. Would most likely be the brackets :/ Hopefully they made mine correctly.

I will get them shortly and give an update.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Scoops I bought off a member are in. Bit of ware on them, but I'm guessing they were actually used quite a bit. Bonus is they are painted black & have grilles already installed. I will do some touch up on the grilles , and am awaiting the mounting kit from FTP. Ordered the concave washers online, and they are very well made by the looks of it. Cheaper than the aftermarket sites too!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Attachment points?

HI, I like the look of the side scoops but have a question as to how they are attached and how easy it is to remove? I have the Radium Engineering clam kit installed on my 08 Elise with the stock side scoops. When I remove the clam the entire side scoop stays with the body and I had to cut through the molding. When I look at the brackets, it looks like brackets 1 and 2 are attached to the clam and 3 and 4 are attached to the body. If I just pulled the side scoop off using the 3 hex screws how hard is it to get bracket 2 and 4 apart so I can pull the clam off. Looks like a small screw holding it together but might be hard to get a screwdriver at that angle without going through the wheel well? Or maybe leave the bracket together and just loosen bracket 2 at the body. Either way, any enlightenment how this all goes together would be appreciated...thanks! (I probably only take the clam off every other year so I guess an extra 10 minutes with brackets won't kill me!) :popcorn:

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
HI, I like the look of the side scoops but have a question as to how they are attached and how easy it is to remove? I have the Radium Engineering clam kit installed on my 08 Elise with the stock side scoops. When I remove the clam the entire side scoop stays with the body and I had to cut through the molding. When I look at the brackets, it looks like brackets 1 and 2 are attached to the clam and 3 and 4 are attached to the body. If I just pulled the side scoop off using the 3 hex screws how hard is it to get bracket 2 and 4 apart so I can pull the clam off. Looks like a small screw holding it together but might be hard to get a screwdriver at that angle without going through the wheel well? Or maybe leave the bracket together and just loosen bracket 2 at the body. Either way, any enlightenment how this all goes together would be appreciated...thanks! (I probably only take the clam off every other year so I guess an extra 10 minutes with brackets won't kill me!) :popcorn:

Mark
This would be the other route:
Wide Side Scoop Kit | Really Light Stuff
Select the scoop kit for the "Elise with tilting clam". I'm guessing (from what I have heard), that it attaches the the body 100% for ease of the clam tilt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts