The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like the fuel cutoff on decel that is part of the software on the SE and S4 cars. Mine is an S4s. On decel the fuel is shut off for emissions and fuel economy. The behaviour is normal, and is described in the service manual. That feature is a common thing on today's cars, but with newer computers it is seamless. On my S4 and other Esprit of that era i have driven, its quite noticeable. Every time you shift, when you go back into the throttle it jerks the car. If you go in and out of the throttle in a turn, the reaction is abrupt.

I exchanged a few emails with Marcus in Germany. He said all his memcal software eliminates the fuel cut. With the exchange rates now, getting it from Germany is a bit high, so I got the same #3 memcal software from Sanj. Both fellows were very accomodating.

The memcal has not changed the fuel cutoff at all. Still the same. Sanj has graciously offered to change me to any of the other programs, but he wasn't part of their design so he doesn't know if the fuel cut is addressed in them or not. The fuel cut is my only goal in changing the memcal, not looking for more boost.

Has anyone else eliminated the fuel cut on overrun by memcal or any other means?

·
Registered
383 Posts
It sounds like something else, my 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX has fuel cutoff on deceleration and it's unnoticeable in driveability. I can't see the Lotus to be much different in style. Have you checked the TPS?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts