The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just picked up a used 07 exige s, and i seem to be missing a part on my fuel door, as it closes beyond flush with the outside edge. i'm guessing there's supposed to be a piece of rubber or something that the door closes on to.

can someone please post of pic of what is supposed to be there?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
You forgot to say, 'please'.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
there is supposed to be a little rubber tip on the door by where you grab to open, this tip is maybe an 1/8", which maybe the problem

·
Registered
685 Posts
If you buy a foot or two of plastic pipe, about 1/8" ID, you will have enough to make many little buffers you can stick over the little protrusion on the cap. About $1.50 from True Value.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
A nylon zip (wire) tie through the hole where the rubber stop was also works well. Just sinch it up with the head of the zip tie on the top and then cut the excess off.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i just picked up a used 07 exige s, and i seem to be missing a part on my fuel door, as it closes beyond flush with the outside edge. i'm guessing there's supposed to be a piece of rubber or something that the door closes on to.

can someone please post of pic of what is supposed to be there?

thanks
Just go to the dealer and buy the correct rubber nipple. I did. It was an in-stock item. I think I may have paid about $2 for it.

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
Just go to the dealer and buy the correct rubber nipple. I did. It was an in-stock item. I think I may have paid about $2 for it.
:panic: hey - what sort of Lotus owner are you? Don't you know we have to innovate!! :p

But good call! Surprising how some items can be cheap and easy to get at the dealer :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just ordered a replacement for my this morning

the SKU is A121B6006S costs $1.99

Simon

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the tips & picture.

because the dealer is about an hour away, i put a screw/nut through the hole, and put a small piece of flexible tubing around the nipple part of the door...just so there isn't metal on metal contact. that worked perfectly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts