The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,can anyone please tell me where i can purchase this,ive looked online and cannot seem to find one,thanks

·
Registered
905 Posts
Lotusgarage should sell them but I bet someone on here who's purchased one of Gabe's CF fuel doors will sell you theirs. I'm tempted to sell mine off.

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i notice there is not as many holes in this one as the stock surround and they seemed spaced out different
Will it fit a 2005 exige that has a standard filler surround ,do i just need to drill a new set of holes ??

actually after seeing this,i dont think its going to work

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
i notice there is not as many holes in this one as the stock surround and they seemed spaced out different
Will it fit a 2005 exige that has a standard filler surround ,do i just need to drill a new set of holes ??

actually after seeing this,i dont think its going to work

Since the US didn't get the Exige until 2006 and our stock filler caps have six holes you'd have to customize it to make it work.

San

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanks San
the one gabe sells looks like a totally different size in the picture(bigger diameter ),are all the fuel filler bodywork holes the same size
Im thinking it maybe changed size after 2005

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
thanks San
the one gabe sells looks like a totally different size in the picture(bigger diameter ),are all the fuel filler bodywork holes the same size
I think our Federal versions are different than yours. Even the way your filler cap in the picture mates to the body looks completely different. I think the Federal 2005 Elise filler cap is the same as my 2007 Exige S.

On the plus side if you already have Gabe's carbon filler cap you won't have problems getting rid of it.

San

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
thanks San
Si - that filler door is unique to the US market cars. Your fuel filler is standard "rest of world" cap. If you got that door you would also need a different filler neck plus fuel cap (US rules are filler cap must be behind a door - hence the design). You'd have to modify the opening in the body...

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Si - that filler door is unique to the US market cars. Your fuel filler is standard "rest of world" cap. If you got that door you would also need a different filler neck plus fuel cap (US rules are filler cap must be behind a door - hence the design). You'd have to modify the opening in the body...
Doesn't sound like it's worth the trouble.

San

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Aedo,not worth the trouble imo,pity,i like that design :(

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Thanks Aedo,not worth the trouble imo,pity,i like that design :(
It's a nice filler cap. I have one on my Exige. It saved a bit of weight as well. Gabe is local to me so I have a couple of his pieces.

San

1 - 12 of 12 Posts