The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like the bushing, or spacer bushing, or whatever they are called.. Has cracked to the injector. Anyone know where to get replacements? I'm talking about the black rubber ring that goes on the bottom of the injector as it goes into the manifold.

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
I got them at the Toyota dealership (celica part)... The auto parts store I tried could not cross reference them, but I know others here have been able to do that.

·
Registered
364 Posts
It's an o-ring. Not sure on the correct size in mm offhand but hopefully someone can chime in. With the correct size you should be able to pick one or a couple up online. Toyota dealership is a safe bet though.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
There are two pieces and if you change one please change both! One is an oring and the other is a seal. You can get them from a dealer or Lotus garage. Or A local Toyota dealer or even a local parts house. If you are going to break open the.fuel rail I recommend replacing both pieces on all four injectors. I keep an extra set on hand in my spare parts bin. Lubricate the orings with oring lube or oil to keep them from rolling when you install them.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Yeah here is a poc of the part you need. Replacing upper o rings may be a good idea but ne sure to lube well before inserting into fuel rail so they do not bend. The lower insulators are easy. ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1395606565.614046.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help fellas... Got them waiting at the toyota dealer now. All I have to do is find time to work on the car and I'll be all set.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Do you have a Toyota part no. for the injector used in a 2009 Elise?

Also O-Ring part #.

I'm thinking of having a look at my injectors and if I pull them out I figure I should have a few spare parts on hand.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
If the 09 is a 2zzge motor it is same part number. As far as o rings they can be picked up as a kit at local auto store. Just lube well and check for fuel leaks. They tend to roll on insertion into fuel rail.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Why pull them? If a vacuum leak then it is insolators not o rings. O rings would leak fuel

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Someone suggested that if my car has rough acceleration at around 100 km/hr (60 mph) that I should have a look at the fuel injectors and possibly clean them. I'm also wondering if an O Ring or the seal at the other end of an injector may be bad.

Any advice is appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts