The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fuel injector leaking. What to do? Need more help

Hello all.

I have #2 injector leaking where it comes out of the fuel rail. I know this is an O Ring, but are there any tricks outside of putting in a new O ring. And how the heck do you know what size O Ring to use?

Do they sell these things at Auto Zone or Advance Auto...etc.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
204 Posts
The O-ring can be purchased at your local Toyota Dealer. Unfortunately I do not have the part number anymore. They don't cost much. I would recommend replacing all of them and the cushions while you are at it. We used silicone grease when replacing them on supercharger installs. As for an easy fix, you can try removing the fuel rail and injectors and cleaning the seals and re-installing, but you might as well just replace them at that point. Be sure to depressurize the fuel system. You need to remove the fuel pump fuse and start the car and let it run till it dies. Then remove the fuel cap and you should be good. You will still probably have some residual fuel so have a towel to wipe it off.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Brian

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're cheap and available at Autozone for about 6 bucks for a set of 4. GP Sorensen# 800-9209

thanks...called them and they have a set...

Thanks to all....

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When in to change the o rings and I find that one of the rings or seals that goes around the injector at the bottom is split.

Do any of you have a part number for those and are they standard Toyota...?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts