The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am now a member of the elite club of Esprit owners who have had to replace their rusted fuel tanks. When replacing the tanks we found out the fuel level sensing unit is rusted out and needs replacing.

Does anyone know if there is a replacement unit available for this and where I could get one ASAP?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
When I installed aluminum tanks in my Esprit I went with an ISS-Pro enclosed sender. They are available in various lengths to accommodate different tanks and also in various ohm ranges. If I recall the Esprit (at least my Esprit) required a 0-180 ohm range - but I don't remember which direction (whether full to empty is 0 to 180 or vice-versa). The ISS-Pro is nice but one thing is it does not have a separate circuit for the low fuel warning light, so I have done without that feature.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tom- seeing as how we're almost neighbors, I'd like to get with you and talk a little more about it. Do you ever attend duPont on the 3d Sat of each month?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
No Bob I don't. How about coming by and visiting the shop? Any time you want to chat you can get me at 727 452 5154.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts