The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove this electrical clip (the bottom connection in the picture below)? The space is so tight I can't see how the clip works that holds it in place. Any help is much appreciated!

(Photo taken from boefabrication.com)

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
long neck pliers

clip is on top of the connector.......for further info look up Westrock's VF install thread!

just a note most of us were not able to remove the fuel pump like that......we had to cut a piece of the body ie the metal above your switch and further down to be able to get a screw driver under it to pry it out!...also your fuel pump will fall apart when you remove it because the hole is too tight........if they would have made it 2mm larger it would have been no issue!
once the pump is out shave some of the upper housing so that if you have to remove it next time it will slide out easier!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
From what I remember (just did this last week) that grey connector on the bottom just comes straight out after you apply pressure to a tab on the left. Don't let the "cover" on the wires fool you, that is not the part you have to worry about, it's the entire electrical connector.

Wait till you get to that black connector on the right :)

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
We made the cutout 1st. It lets you see more. The trapzoid shaped one closest to the front has a push clip on the side. Similar to the ones on the engine. The vapor return hose onthe pass side you push the end and pull off.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts