The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I had been overly cautious running the car and kept it over 1/2 tank for all my runs. Yesterday it was a pain to leave the track so I just decided to run it out and see when I started to have issues. I ran it in the morning and never had an issue, much to my surprise. I got 45 2mile laps in at speed, including the in-lap. I'm assuming something is different in my tank as I have a 2010 sport. I put over 10gallons in it so it was drained I believe.

What has others experience been? I'm curious now as to what years or models have/don't have the fuel starve issue.

·
He's on fire!
3,431 Posts
the tanks were revised in later years, i'm guessing you won't ever have a problem. The date of the changes isn't widely published so not sure exactly when they went into affect.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My '05 Elise had no problems when new. I could go tracking hard down to 1 bar with no issues. The starvation problem developed about 5 years later. I am told that whatever they were using to glue in the baffles eventually got rotted by the fuel. I would hope they switched to welding the later models, which is what the should have done in the first place.

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
My '05 Elise had no problems when new. I could go tracking hard down to 1 bar with no issues. The starvation problem developed about 5 years later. I am told that whatever they were using to glue in the baffles eventually got rotted by the fuel. I would hope they switched to welding the later models, which is what the should have done in the first place.
+1, spot on!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've had fuel starvation issues on my 05 from early on. Then again, Laguna Seca and Thunderhill both have a long/sharp left hander as turn 2.
Bought a FST from Radium and that solved my problems (was a pain to install without removing the clam though)

·
Registered
792 Posts
I had no fuel starvation issues in my 2007, even on Thunderhill and Laguna Seca, however, over the course of maybe 3-4 months, I started to get a little bit, then a lot, I would get starvation with half a tank in T2 of Thunderhill. I guess once the seals start to fail, they fail fast. Surge tank is now installed, and fuel starvation is just a memory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts