The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dreaming of Lotus
2005 Elise Sport Touring
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, recently purchased a Lotus elise. This **** is love.

2 owners ago they installed a Fujita Air Intake. Seems like the airfilter is real damn dirty. I'm assuming replacing this not easy right? otherwise they woulda done it themselves.

Sadly I'm not a mechanic.

Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
The intake filter is easy to replace, and it offers good performance. These filters are actually meant to be cleaned, sprayed with a bit of filter oil (to keep the dust from passing through), and put back into service. As long as there are no holes in the filter after cleaning, keep using it.
The intake is basically the same design which was on the "Katana 265 Kit" which was sold by Sector 111 a few years back.

Reactions: DAaaMan64

·
Registered
956 Posts
Reactions: DAaaMan64

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does anybody know if where can I get a CARB sticker for my fujita? I had to remove and go stock in order to be able to smog my car.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I just looked at my Fujita and I don't have a sticker. Do you have a picture of what it looks like? I may be able to make one for you.
RL

·
Registered
94 Posts
I will post it but just to be clear it has to state it is CARB and the guy who checks my M3 also check what seems to be like a serial number on his computer which is connected to DMV and tells hi if it really is CARB approved. Other wise they won’t smog it.

It’s a load o bs to me!

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I will post it but just to be clear it has to state it is CARB and the guy who checks my M3 also check what seems to be like a serial number on his computer which is connected to DMV and tells hi if it really is CARB approved. Other wise they won’t smog it.

It’s a load o bs to me!
You need to go elsewhere. Every two years my smog technician looks for XYZ labels and can't find them. I remind him we've done this before and a few minutes later I'm done.

As difficult as it is to change the air filter, I'm not sure why anyone would know you don't have the stock one. YMMV.

San

·
Registered
956 Posts
Kind of reminds me of Star Wars... :facepalm

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts