The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday night I finished the last piece of my aero and installed the Sector111 RaceSILLS. Took about 3 hours from car on the ground to car back on the ground. Only tricky part was finding a riv nut gun that would work with what came in the kit. After hitting 9 hardware/auto part stores with no luck I borrowed one from a local body shop. If you're doing this at home work that out as soon as you get the kit as that was my only snag.

They fit very well and are very tight. I wouldn't say OEM but a quality product for sure. Install docs were good, man drilling holes in my car is always tough. They definitely make it harder to get in and out - mostly out. I'm going to cut some NO STEP stickers for them as you could do some damage if you did step on them.

Here they are after a quick wash this afternoon - just from my cell phone, hope to do a photo shoot soon with a local photographer. Here's a list of all the aero stuff:

Sector111 carbon front splitter
APR carbon canards
Sector111 carbon access panels
FTP carbon side scoops
APR carbon GTC-200 wing
BOE under-aero diffuser/shear panel
BOE rear panel delete

2012-05-06 16.46.57 (Medium).jpg
2012-05-06 16.47.28 (Medium).jpg

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Nice job.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Sweetness.
I'd almost be tempted to have the front tow hook red instead of black to tie in with the rest. Maybe the calipers too. And possibly paint the canards red to go inline with the spoiler sides and mirror caps.
Otherwise, looking good.

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Tow hook for sure, I think the canards would be too much (but possible down the line) but the calipers would be way too much. These calipers look kinda plasticky to me when painted (the black hides that).

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
Very nice how it all came together. How would the tow hook look gold? I might even consider a white/red/blue color for it. White on one side, red vertical stripe, and then blue on the other side of it. Tie it into the British flag. Of course that is me and I have no taste.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Looks great! Definitely put some no step stickers on the side sills. I had the same on my exige and many passengers almost stepped on them.

I noticed you kept your mud flaps on. How was that possible?

Here are pics of my no step stickers:

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great!
As does yours, love the Exige in white.

Definitely put some no step stickers on the side sills.
Already done - just haven't updated the pictures. Got a vinyl plotter so I've been making tons of stickers.

I noticed you kept your mud flaps on. How was that possible?
Uh, well I just pushed them down a bit and tucked the sill up under it. Actually worked really well and adds an additional point to hold them on as they pinch between the flap and the sill. The flaps aren't exactly straight anymore but from 5 feet you can't tell.

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Wow! Most excellent! :up:

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Looks great, but I bet its a trailer queen, owned by some poser, and will never see the street, little alone a racetrack:).

Wait. Last time I saw the car, it was at the track. And he drove it there on the street. And he was successfully chasing down Porsches, with almost twice the displacement.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Just an observation and question Ross, Why do you guys place the canards so high on the Elise/Exige? most race cars I've seen have them on the lower front end...

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, as Travis (Vulcan) says it was just a matter of that's where they lined up best with the curve of the front end. And I'll admit that while I hope they are functional I did them more for look than anything. I mean if they were only look I'd have skipped them if you get what I mean.

Travis - definitely measured in $/smiles/miles at this point - however on my first day out this season with the full setup I was 1.5 seconds faster than last (and shockingly 6mph faster on the straight). I think that must have to do with the brand new motor being stronger than the old. I am taking the high speed sweepers a good 3-4 mph faster already. Running a 2:07 on R888s, hoping for a 2:04 this weekend on Yoko S01 slicks...

·
Registered
572 Posts
I am taking the high speed sweepers a good 3-4 mph faster already. Running a 2:07 on R888s, hoping for a 2:04 this weekend on Yoko S01 slicks...
Were you full throttle on turn 3 or do you still have to lift before the Carolina curbing?

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Were you full throttle on turn 3 or do you still have to lift before the Carolina curbing?
Absolutely have to lift. I've only stuck it once on R-comps but even on slicks I think I'm going to have to lift thanks to the huge curbing. Ugh....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts