The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As one of the donors, I have been without an interior for months now. Today when my parts came it made every minute worth it. The parts look amazing and I want to thank Charles (HKFEVER) for doing such a excellent job. I also want to thank Thomas from RLS. Due to the number of parts, it would have been very expensive to ship to HK both ways. Thomas allowed my parts to be part of the mass group buy shipment, thus saving me $ :). I will be going on a trip until the 28th, so I will post installed pictures when I return. I have just moved from Orlando to Davie for dental school so I am excited to meet the owners down here!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
You are very welcome. Thank you for donating your parts to the cause!

Photos don't do them justice... it is very difficult to take nice pictures of CF.

Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Did you not get the door panels too? Looks amazing btw

·
Registered
242 Posts
How much is the front dash?

Instruments banicle, radio surround and passenger airbag cover

Sent from my GT-I9000M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
wow, that's crazy.

Can't wait to see some pics when all of it is installed.

+1 on the door panels.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
FYI - I've been on my *ss for four days with some flu-like malady, should be shipping out the final group buy items by this weekend. Thanks for your patience.

(I think I caught this on my Delta flight over the 4th of July... people don't seem to understand how to cover their germ-holes when then sneeze / cough.)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. No door panels at this time. The leather ones match my seats and if I got them in cf I would be too tempted to get cf seats lol.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Nice . That's a lot of carbon:drool: :drool: Let us know how much weight you have save.
Is it just my eyes or the binnacle and driver side panel switch cover CF weave going the opposite direction as the other parts? Is itsuppose to be like that ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is meant to be that way. Charles and I planned the weave ahead of time to determine a full interior pattern. The underside of the binnacle goes the opposite direction, but the top follows the weave that matches the passenger side. The drivers side sill and other parts have a mirrored weave so where the parts meet the side of the binnacle there is a nice fish bone effect.

It's nice to see there is at least one dentist out there :). Anyone else?

I was driving through the health profession parking lot yesterday and some student has a tesla. I'm sure I'll find out who as soon as school starts up.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have all but the dash top, including door panels (was worried about glare). I installed most so far but had a question on the passenger airbag cover. I know I will need new clips (one time use) but I thought I read that the original cover was attached (rivets?) to a bracket. Is there some trick to remove the bracket from the original airbag cover and attach to the new? I have not taken a close look yet but thought if someone has already replaced theres they may have some advice.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I have all but the dash top, including door panels (was worried about glare). I installed most so far but had a question on the passenger airbag cover. I know I will need new clips (one time use) but I thought I read that the original cover was attached (rivets?) to a bracket. Is there some trick to remove the bracket from the original airbag cover and attach to the new? I have not taken a close look yet but thought if someone has already replaced theres they may have some advice.

Thanks,
Chris
The cover is attached on a AL frame by tons of screws not rivets. But you have to buy new clips (4 of them).

1 - 20 of 41 Posts