The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am thinking of getting an Exige soon. Great car, but my only complaint is the plastic interior... which really is a disappointment considering the price tag... I know that the Lotus philosophy is "less is more", but simple can be beautiful too. Just look at the x bow...

Anyway, are there any full CF kits available? I have seen CF door sills, binnacle, and center console, but what about the complete dash and door panels?

Thanks!

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
All available. A couple members here sell all the parts, including complete upper dash and door panels.

Have you seen the ZR1's interior and it's price tag?

·
Registered
933 Posts
All available. A couple members here sell all the parts, including complete upper dash and door panels.

Have you seen the ZR1's interior and it's price tag?
SeetDaddyD is talking about us and Knucklhead :clap:

Just give us a pm and we can make it happen.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
While CF is cool looking, it's not any lighter than plastic, so by doing CF you're really picking form over function.

Darkside's bits get my vote, beautiful stuff, but if you want to go OE (and depending your wallet size) the new Exige Cup 260 has a lot of dry-carbon CF bits.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SeetDaddyD is talking about us and Knucklhead :clap:

Just give us a pm and we can make it happen.
cool. please do send me a pm for the whole package (door panels, center console, side sills, complete dash). thanks.

also these are wet-laid i assume?

·
Registered
933 Posts
While CF is cool looking, it's not any lighter than plastic, so by doing CF you're really picking form over function.

Darkside's bits get my vote, beautiful stuff, but if you want to go OE (and depending your wallet size) the new Exige Cup 260 has a lot of dry-carbon CF bits.
Well thank you :up:

·
Registered
933 Posts
cool. please do send me a pm for the whole package (door panels, center console, side sills, complete dash). thanks.

also these are wet-laid i assume?
PM SENT!

Wet is correct. We can get dry, but it comes with a price. I think 10-15% more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

you're right. the cup 260 does have a really nice interior (cf/alcantara). i assume the parts can be ordered via the dealer?

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
My interior is pretty much full wet CF other than the dash...(dash only comes in dry due to reflection from the sun).....you can even get CF wheels if you want. My list:

CF door panels
CF entry sills
CF center console
CF binnacle
Rev. XC CF seat
Rev. CF Mulsanne (Brent's)
Rev. CF 5 element diffuser
Rev. CF side scoops
Rev. CF steering wheel

Not too much in terms of weight savings except for the seats and steering wheel...

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...the stock hard plastic is actually extremely scuff-resistant, pretty significant in light of all the slides and kicks our sills and dash experience during ingress and egress...

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
got to get the footwell divider in carbon too, Eddie. :D

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Knucklehead's products are excellent quality and they have really good customer service. :up: I bought the dry CF ensemble and it looks pimp.
Here's the link to his sale thread, loaded with pics: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f172/new-cf-parts-horizon-58937/
In addition to the interior pieces they also have a hardtop, wing and front lip that are buff.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Crap, who sells that...I'm on it!
hard to find that one. Only one dude made it... in england, name is Husky "something" I believe. He had it up on eBay a few times in the past. But maybe you can find it by searching "footwell divider"

·
Registered
104 Posts
dash pieces

What I never see from vendors, but see on the new cup car, are the plastic pieces that form the front of the dash - the cover to the airbag, the left and right storage/vent pieces - the stuff, that in combination with the binnacle, would complete the dash in CF - are these pieces available from one of the LT vendors?

thanks!

tim

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
What I never see from vendors, but see on the new cup car, are the plastic pieces that form the front of the dash - the cover to the airbag, the left and right storage/vent pieces - the stuff, that in combination with the binnacle, would complete the dash in CF - are these pieces available from one of the LT vendors?

thanks!

tim
I agree...I'd get these pieces in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
826 Posts
+1....the "end caps" of the front dash are out of luck it seems. I want carbon door sills, but think they look 1/2 done without the end caps in carbon too. That cup interior is awesome, that's what I'm waiting on, so that I can do it.

I want the carbon entry sills and end cap thingies, alcaratarataieminem or whatever top dash, etc...

soeone get on it before all my fake cash money evaoprates and I can't send it to you guys..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts