·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
What does "300km of SS usage" mean?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I'd imagine autocross racing?

I don't think this is a legit ad anyhow, I emailed to get more info and it was kicked back as not a valid address. Anyone know what "2500€" is in dollars? I have no idea what that symbol means.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Somebody on this forum got scammed on an SADEV box. Maybe a fishing expedition. Caveat emptor.

Quaife sells a bunch of different FWD 6-speeds 32G and 34G. 34G is stronger.

Otherwise sounds interesting. The price is veery good.

Anton

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
sure sounds and looks like he is using clutch to shift, which points to it not being a dog box
No it doesn't: dog vs. synchro has nothing to do with the clutch.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
sure sounds and looks like he is using clutch to shift, which points to it not being a dog box
I see clutch use only during downshifts for the most part and actually surprised to see no rev matching (double clutching). Usually this is required with dog boxes, but I imagine the closeness of the gear ratios and the speed and authority by with he is executing them there is no need.
Nice box for the money, I wanted to convert my PG1 to dog engagement this year but the gearset alone from Quaife was 6k!! I figured I'd stick with straight cut gears with syncros for a while longer..:p

·
Registered
378 Posts
I see clutch use only during downshifts for the most part and actually surprised to see no rev matching (double clutching). Usually this is required with dog boxes, but I imagine the closeness of the gear ratios and the speed and authority by with he is executing them there is no need.
Nice box for the money, I wanted to convert my PG1 to dog engagement this year but the gearset alone from Quaife was 6k!! I figured I'd stick with straight cut gears with syncros for a while longer..:p
I don't even use the clutch to up shift with my dog box on my bike... Have you ever raced with a dog box?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I don't even use the clutch to up shift with my dog box on my bike... Have you ever raced with a dog box?
Bikes don't have dog boxes, they are full sequential, and yes I have driven a race car with a dog box. If you review my last post I never said anything about using the clutch on up shifts (which are easy to do clutchless on a dog box) I was commenting on his clutchless down shifts which are usually harder to pull off especially without at least a rev matching throttle blip while the transmission is in neutral.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts