The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sold!

Zwhitaker had a group buy on these a few months ago, and I was going to wrap it in vinyl. Now the shop that quoted me a price wants several hundred more dollars to wrap it since they found out it's going on a Lotus. Anyway, I decided I'm just going to save up for a full CF roof instead, so I'm selling this one.

Mine is part of the second batch which isn't wavy like the first ones which were ultra light (this one is 17lbs). Everything lines up really well. Doesn't include mounting hardware.

Asking $1000 plus actual shipping, no need to wait a few weeks to have one made plus shipping from the UK.

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
Oh I would so love to get this!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
sucks they are charging more because it's a Lotus...!!!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I would so love to get this!
Splurge! It won't cost that much after you sell your OEM roof.

sucks they are charging more because it's a Lotus...!!!!!
Yea, it really does. I'm from Iowa where prices are generally cheap, but once they heard Lotus they assumed I was loaded since there aren't many sports cars around here (besides corvettes). I should have requested a written quote.

I'm debating buying a nice HVLP sprayer and learning how to paint. Plus my rear clam needs a respray, the hard top might be a good first project to learn on if it doesn't sell.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Increasing the price because of perceived funds available is BS. I am glad you are not giving them your business. I think I would have a local paint shop spray the top but if you want to give it a try, why not?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts