The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Elise Duratec, 2009 Exige S240 (+TVS1320 / CC)
900 Posts
I might. Chrome Orange - perfect factory paint. All factory seals & fitting hardware. From a MY 2009 S240 with only 6k miles use from new.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'm based in Dubai UAE.
I have an original Lotus Cars box / packing material for a hardtop so that helps. It will be fairly light, so I dont think freight will be that much, but would need an address to confirm.
Price, the going rate I guess, I'd need to check what recent ones went for.

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
I know from personal experience that the size, rather than weight is an issue. Make sure you a get a quote based on the actual dimensions of the box or you may get an unpleasant back charge. I saved 100 bucks by having an ebay seller cut down the box size slightly, while still offering good protection. I think domestically it is 90 inches total dimension or something that makes the difference.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Weight, not size appears to be the key factor with the freight service I've always found good (UAE Post Office)
Estimate : UAE to USA, 20 KG, 150 X 150 X 50 CM, 2-8 working days, tracked service = Approx US$300

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
These show up so seldom, as in almost never, that there really isn't a 'market' price. It boils down to what seller is willing to take for it and how badly the buyer wants it.

If you're stuck on OEM, that's a very small pool. Look around at aftermarket alternatives. I had a carbon fiber one, that I had painted body color (Canyon Red), which once painted was virtually indistinguishable from OEM.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
You may want to try contacting Shinoo regarding his recent post: Parting Out: '08 S240 Exige
You may have to be patient though, I emailed him about a week ago with interest in some items off this car and haven't heard back from him as of yet. I suspect the coronavirus lockdown of California may be the culprit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts