The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Hmmmm......don't thin I'll have mine out of mothballs by then. I usually wait till AFTER winter / and all the salt is washed away. ( Maybe !! I'll call ya ! )

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sure hope the weather is better by then, I'm doing Gingerman that day. Still would like to do one of these drives one day!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
definately maybe.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Willing to post (or PM) the route? I'm taking delivery sometime this week and was looking for some good non-freeway break-in miles for this Saturday. Judging by the event description, it seems the pace may be more throttle than I want to dial in at this point (and possibly more than the wife will tolerate :) )

Also, I thinking with all the rain coming this week, most of the salt should be off the roads by April 12th, and perhaps even this weekend. Provided no communities feel the need to lay more down.

Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I won't publish the route, out of respect for the guy who developed it, but I really don't think you'd find that it uses more throttle than you'd care for. Worse comes to worse, you can just hang in the back of the pack and enjoy the ride! A Lotus driving at a moderate pace will still be among the fastest cars on the drive. And besides that, it's not a race. It's a fun drive. Pace does not generally exceed 70mph (though you may need to go faster than that to catch up. It's about having fun on the twisties, not going balls-out in a straight line. Any old car with enough HP can do that.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
DRAT. I'll be in Watkins Glen that weekend. :mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Weather permitting

This weekend with the top down was glorious. I've got a feeling the weatherman is wrong about this weekend. I hope I'm right.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Ehh....looks like rain / snow this weekend. UGH.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yee of little faith

I don't really beleive Michigan weather forecasts anymore...just look at today. I'll check the radar and the sky tomorrow morning and decide then. As of now though, I'm in

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey, whatever. Not my problem if you don't have any respect for others' wishes.
It is a stupid, petty, and selfish wish.

I'm amused because you speak as if "the route" were some kind of valuable intellectual property, as if the information were worthy of privilege. :rolleyes:

In the spirit of fun and camaraderie, if I had a route that I had found or "developed", I'd be happy to share it with others, not try to keep it a secret. Really, what is there to hoard? I'm amazed at the things some people are selfish with. :rolleyes:

Plugging the word "respect" into any situation, conversation, or statement -- no matter how serious or ridiculous -- is how the MTV/millenial generation attempts to claim moral high ground; but simply claiming the word "respect" does not mean that any is warranted, and does not change whether or not it is. There is nothing to "respect" in the wish to keep the route "private". That wish is amusing and pointless at its best; petty and selfish at its worst. All in all, not a big deal; just deserving of a :rolleyes:.

;)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is a stupid, petty, and selfish wish.

I'm amused because you speak as if "the route" were some kind of valuable intellectual property, as if the information were worthy of privilege. :rolleyes:

In the spirit of fun and camaraderie, if I had a route that I had found or "developed", I'd be happy to share it with others, not try to keep it a secret. Really, what is there to hoard? I'm amazed at the things some people are selfish with. :rolleyes:

Plugging the word "respect" into any situation, conversation, or statement -- no matter how serious or ridiculous -- is how the MTV/millenial generation attempts to claim moral high ground; but simply claiming the word "respect" does not mean that any is warranted, and does not change whether or not it is. There is nothing to "respect" in the wish to keep the route "private". That wish is amusing and pointless at its best; petty and selfish at its worst. All in all, not a big deal; just deserving of a :rolleyes:.

;)
Blah, blah, blah...

It's not my route. I didn't develop it. The person who did specifically asked me not to publish it so it doesn't get over-used and, eventually, cop-laden. I am respecting his wishes.

If that's "petty and selfish", that it falls under the category of "your problem". Roll your eyes all you want. No skin off my back if you got your panties in a twist. And not my fault if you never learned in life that you can't have everything you want.

Have a nice day. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts