The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FUN RUN to the JEFFERSON 500 at SUMMIT POINT, WV​

[Sunday, May 3rd 8:00-9:15am Meet; 9:30am Departure]​

When: Sunday, May 3rd… We will meet between 8:00–9:15am for a prompt 9:30am departure time.

Where: The meeting place is right off I-70 on the way to Summit Point… We will gather in the parking lot of the Weis Market in Frederick, MD. A McDonalds and gas stations are nearby… Directions below:

Bring: A full tank of gas + $25.00 person cash to enter Summit Point… A desire to drive your car on curvy scenic roads and watch some great racing…

Event Info: The paddock area is open to the public and concession stand will be open for lunch… You can enjoy the race from the bleachers or bring a chair and pick out a great spot to view the race… THERE IS A $25.00 ENTRY FEE PER PERSON to the JEFFERSON 500… There are 7 races plus and enduro for us to watch on Sunday...

RSVP: Not necessary unless you want to RSVP to [email protected] – Just show up at the Weis Market and we depart at 9:30am…

Event Fee: $25.00 per PERSON for EVENT ENTRY - Payable at the gate to Summit Point.

Questions? Email me at: [email protected] ... Everyone will get detailed directions the day of the event…

Directions to Weis in Frederick:

From RT 70 West:

Get off I-70 at Exit 49 which is ALT 40 - MIDDLETOWN exit… At the end of the exit ramp turn RIGHT on ALT 40 and continue to OLD CAMP RD and turn LEFT… Then IMMEDIATELY turn LEFT into the Weis Markets parking lot…

From other areas: Use your GPS or favorite online mapping program and head to address:

Weis Markets
2 Old Camp Rd & ALT-Rt40
Frederick, MD 21702

·
Registered
148 Posts
See you Sunday!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I will be racing my Lotus Type 61 and Type 69 (see avatar) in the Jefferson 500. The 61 is in the Phil Hill Cup race and the 69 in the Charlie Gibson Cup race. If anyone wants to stop by my paddock and chat and have a look at the cars I'd be happy to oblige.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking forward to this event. For those are going to Summit Point for the Jefferson 500, remember that there is a $25.00 entry fee into the event. Believe me, if you have never been to a Jefferson 500, it's worth it.

Also, several have PM'd me asking if we are doing Shirley Road. The answer is YES. Take your Dramamin if you get sea sick ;)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Will the J500 still start if forecasted rain actually falls?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will the J500 still start if forecasted rain actually falls?
I thinking if it's raining, we don't go... It will be a call for tomorrow morning... They called for rain today and it turned out being a nice day...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CANCELED DUE TO RAIN

·
Registered
773 Posts
Too bad. :(

Although, I was out nearly all day on Saturday, which the weather-guru's also said earlier, wouldn't happen either. Got the Saikou-Michi oil blow-by catch-cans installed :cool:, and the set of SPAL twin-puller fans set up on the intercooler, after spending 1/2 the day disassembling, and cleaning out the whole system (YUCK, was it "oily"!) - But without these catch-cans, apparently - TADTS

Feel MUCH BETTER and more confident now when I hear my supercharger whine ...that it is also now no longer just sucking through (and back around and into the TB) a bunch of hot vapor engine oil along with it too! :coolnana:

Did a little before and after live-data loggging of the IAT's too, and if that is any indication - these latest combo mod's are well worth the effort!! :D

Looking forward to the next drive, Ken.
Was highly bummed when I awoke this morning to a steady, pouring, soaking rain! :mad: -BLEH!
I'll be on the lookout, and hope to see everyone again soon.

Cheers,
-Grant

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Aside from the fact that it was raining on Sunday, it is just as well that your drive was cancelled, the track conditions on Sunday were horrendous and the majority of participants left early including me.

Too bad you didn't do it on Saturday. While the weather was not fantastic, the day was reasonably pleasant.

For future reference, having done a number of Jefferson 500's, I can tell you that Saturday is the better day to be there as a spectator. There is usually a lot more going on in the paddock and if there are marque clubs they usually do their big day on Saturday as well. While the racing is on Sunday, competitors tend to disappear as soon as their track time is over. This is true actually of every race I have ever done.

If you are interested, PALS will be doing a Lotus corral at New Jersey Motorsports Park, during the SVRA race in October.

·
Registered
773 Posts
If you are interested, PALS will be doing a Lotus corral at New Jersey Motorsports Park, during the SVRA race in October.
Got any links or other resource information available on this, FFI?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Got any links or other resource information available on this, FFI?
THe event is still in the planning stages, but I will lay out the plan as concieved.

THe race weekend is OCT 1-4. I will be racing both of my Lotus formula cars - Type 61 FF and Type 69 F2.

We will negoatiate a discounted ticket price (so you can buy a full weekend or a single day ticket) and also a discounted karting price.

We will ask for a corral location within the racing paddock and adjacent to my paddock so the Lotus corral will be next to my "team". Some of the PALS guys indicated they would bring stuff so an in paddock bar-b-q could be done Saturday afternoon after the racing. I will do a presentation on my cars as well.

PALS link to Yahoo group is in my signature.

SVRA link is here Sportscar Vintage Racing Association and

NJMP here Welcome to New Jersey Motorsports Park

I will also be posting announcements to this forum when it gets closer to the event and I have negotiated the package with NJMP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts