·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's have a GREAT turnout for Lotus :clap:

FUN RUN to the SUMMIT POINT SPRING FESTIVAL

“FAMILY FUN at the PARK”

[Saturday, May 9th 7:45-8:45am Meet; 9:00am Departure]

When: Saturday, May 9th… We will meet between 7:45–8:45am for a prompt 9:00am departure time.

Where: The meeting place is right off I-70 on the way to Summit Point… We will gather in the parking lot of the Weis Market in Frederick, MD. A McDonalds and gas stations are nearby… Directions below:

Bring: A full tank of gas + $5.00 person cash to enter Summit Point… A desire to drive your car on curvy scenic roads, show your car off at the Cruis-in and DRIVE YOUR CAR ON THE TRACK

Event Info: The paddock area is open to the public and concession stand will be open for lunch… You can enjoy the activities from the bleachers or bring a chair and pick out your own great spot… THERE IS A $5.00 ENTRY FEE PER PERSON to the Summit Point Spring Festival… Those that enter their car in the Cruise-in (that’s ALL of us) will have a couple of opportunities to drive your car on the track...

RSVP: RSVP to [email protected] – PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU RSVP TO BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE ON THE TRACK!!!!

Event Fee: $5.00 per PERSON for EVENT ENTRY - Payable at the gate to Summit Point.

Questions? Email me at: [email protected] ... Everyone will get detailed directions the day of the event…

Directions to Weis in Frederick:

From RT 70 West:

Get off I-70 at Exit 49 which is ALT 40 - MIDDLETOWN exit… At the end of the exit ramp turn RIGHT on ALT 40 and continue to OLD CAMP RD and turn LEFT… Then IMMEDIATELY turn LEFT into the Weis Markets parking lot…

From other areas: Use your GPS or favorite online mapping program and head to address:

Weis Markets
2 Old Camp Rd & ALT-Rt40
Frederick, MD 21702

Hope to see you on Saturday :D

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yeah - can't just let one guy always get away with the FTD's all for his one-self! ;) - Maybe next time. :( - I've got an instructional course I'm committed to elsewhere, this weekend.

The weather should be just great though this weekend (Maggie) too.
Hope you all have a blast!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mother's Day weekend and Saturday is my mom, Sunday is my wife's mom.:(

·
Registered
773 Posts
I've made a few calls, and just MAY be able to make this with you guys now! :cool: :coolnana:

I'll know for sure by Friday morning.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'll be there instructing, so I'll be awake and on the road WELL before the fun run starts... prolly on track by the time you start!

I am in a black Miata with a silver top 5X on the side.

Come by and say hi.

Dave

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'm planning to be there. Do you know which Track we'll be on?

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
m6 is sold, mr2 cannot be tracked(i dont think) and really nothing to show off/look at.

i do have saturday free though...hmmm...tough choice.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm planning to be there. Do you know which Track we'll be on?
Those of us showing our cars in the car show (Cruis-in) will have at least a couple opportunities to take our cars out on the track between races. I'm positive they will have a pace car with us to make sure we don't go bananas. This will be on the Main Circuit.

The route I've chosen to Summit Point is one of my favorites tour routes. The roads are spectacular with lots of twists and turns. Yes, Shirley Road is in the mix (take your seasick pills)...

Hope to see you Saturday morning at the meeting place...

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I'd say you'd better hope for no rain judging by the forecast.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Is this rain or shine? Just wondering if not - if there will be any certain last-check-in here Ken, for a "go/no-go" call to be posted?

Im about 80% now, that I've gotten out of the skydiving obligation, and that Trevor & I, can now actually make it! :wave:

C'Mon weather forecast - give us a break!

·
Registered
992 Posts
oh man, sounds fun,,, just got back in town so I cant make it.

Dave, tell me how the track looks; the 8 sled should be good and ready by the end of May! yippeee!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Is this rain or shine? Just wondering if not - if there will be any certain last-check-in here Ken, for a "go/no-go" call to be posted?

Im about 80% now, that I've gotten out of the skydiving obligation, and that Trevor & I, can now actually make it! :wave:

C'Mon weather forecast - give us a break!
It is on rain or shine for the actual event... as for the fun drive to the track, that's up to you guys. I'll be there either way. ;)

·
Registered
856 Posts
oh man, sounds fun,,, just got back in town so I cant make it.

Dave, tell me how the track looks; the 8 sled should be good and ready by the end of May! yippeee!!
Can't wait to see it run!!! I'll be sure to let you get a session or two before I come to watch though. I seem to be bad luck!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts