The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some fun roads for weekend driving in Michigan with the M100 Elan. Was working in Northern California for a while and loved driving down the PCH. Are the Great Lakes circle tours any good? Other than the loop around Hell, MI what else is there? Any good hill climbs in Cadillac?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Check out the Il/WI Gumball Rally thread. We are doing a great twisty drive on 5/5-6 if you feel like making a road trip

·
Registered
10 Posts
ccb,

The Lake Superior Circle Tour is a beautiful drive and the roads are great. Just make sure you drive up to Copper Harbor in the Keewaneau Peninsula. Best road in the UP.

In the Lower Peninsula:

M22 north from Manistee around the Leelaneau Peninsula into Traverse City.

M119 north out of Harbor Springs/Petoskey to Cross Village.

East Mitchell Rd out of Petoskey.

Old State Rd from Torch Lake to 131.

Shoot me an e-mail if you're interested in killing a day. I'd be happy to guide you. Not a Lotus driver (yet!) but my Miata makes pretty good time. :)

-Steve

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks sclark! Once I get a few issues fixed with the elan I'll take a look!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In Midland.
Just got the radiator and coolant header tank replaced, the Elan is running beautifully now. Still needs a new timing belt and a few other things but things are moving along....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Spring maintenance....Don't you just love it? My power steering started leaking again yesterday so that's next on MY list. :)

So Hwy 10 would take you across to Ludington. Manistee isn't much further north, and that's where a lot of the fun stuff starts. I'm just sorry you'd have to take 10 that far. :) That's a pretty dull road.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hahaha, you're right about 10 being a dull road, I took it all the way out to Ludington once but because it took forever I didn't take too much time to explore that side.

Power steering.. haven't replaced that yet, should probably go on the list too! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts